Words — 363 found
1. eight捌 is used in legal documents
八 【や】、８ 【はち】、８ 【や】、捌 【はち】、捌 【や】
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. greengrocer; fruit and vegetable shop
2. GreengrocerA greengrocer or fruiterer is a retail trader in fruit an... Read more
2. eight years of age
3. two o'clock (old time system)
八つ 【やつ】、８つ 【やっつ】、８つ 【やつ】
1. noisy; loud; clamorous; boisterousUsually written using kana alone
- Joe was not on speaking terms with his noisy neighbor.
2. much talked of; much-discussed; vexedUsually written using kana alone
- Public feeling against air pollution has at last became vocal.
3. strict; severe; sternUsually written using kana alone
- He is not very strict about it.
4. particular; fussy; fastidious; fault-finding; carpingUsually written using kana alone
- My father cares much about food.
八釜しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. eighth day of the month
- はじ 。
- School begins on April 8.
2. eight days
1. match fixing; put-up job; fixed game
2. Match fixingIn organised sports, match fixing or sports fixing occurs... Read more
1. eighty; 80
８０ 【やそ】、八十 【はちじゅう】、八十 【やそ】
やそ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. やそ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. venting one's anger (on someone or something); taking out one's anger on
八つあたり 【やつあたり】、八つ当り 【やつあたり】
1. eight-sided shape; octagon
2. OctagonIn geometry, an octagon (from the Greek ὀκτάγωνον oktágōn... Read more
八角形 【はっかっけい】、８角形 【はっかくけい】、８角形 【はっかっけい】
1. everybody's friend; person who is affable to everybodyoft. used derogatively
2. flawlessly beautiful woman; flawless beauty
1. all doors closed; blocked in every direction; cornered
1. eight picturesque sights
3. Eight ViewsThe Eight Views are the most beautiful or otherwise signi... Read more
1. all sides; the four cardinal directions and the four ordinal directions
2. large hanging lanternSee also 八方行灯