Words — 44 found
1. inverted; upside down; reversed; back to front
逆様 【さかさま】、倒 【さかさま】
1. reverse; inversion; upside down
2. unreasonable; absurd; wrong
1. to fall (over, down); to collapse; to take a fall; to topple
- たお 。
- He fell flat on the floor.
2. to be destroyed (in a collapse); to collapse; to cave in; to crumble; to give away
- たお 。
- My father fell ill because he worked too hard.
3. to be confined to bed (with an illness); to come down with; to break down (e.g. from overwork)
- たお 。
- He was cut down in his prime.
4. to die; to be killed
5. to go bankrupt (of a company, bank, etc.); to fail; to collapse; to go under
6. to be defeated (in a game); to lose
- They say that the cabinet will fall.
7. to fall (of a government, dictator, etc.); to be overthrown
1. (corporate) bankruptcy; insolvency; commercial failure; failed business
2. BankruptcyBankruptcy is a legal status of an insolvent person or an... Read more
1. to throw down; to bring down; to blow down; to fell; to knock down; to set (something) down on its side; to turn (something) on its side; to recline (e.g. a seat)Only applies to 倒す
- うご 、
- たお 。
- Move the knob at the side of the seat forwards, collapse the seat.
2. to kill; to defeat; to beat
- だい １
- い 。
- The boxer said he would knock down his opponent in the first round.
3. to overthrow; to trip up; to ruinOnly applies to 倒す
4. to leave unpaid; to cheatOnly applies to 倒す
斃す 【たおす】、殪す 【たおす】、仆す 【たおす】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. inverted; upside down; reversed; back to frontAbbreviation, See also 逆さま
1. inversion of the word order in a sentence; anastrophelinguistics terminology
1. turning upside down; placing nonessentials before essentials
2. AnastropheAnastrophe (from the Greek: ἀναστροφή, anastrophē, "a tur... Read more
1. inverted word; verlan
2. VerlanVerlan is an argot in the French language, featuring inve... Read more