Words — 798 found
1. to get drunk; to become intoxicated
2. to feel sick (e.g. in a vehicle); to become nauseated
3. to be elated; to be exalted; to be spellbound; to be in raptures
えう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. business; task; errand; engagement
- What has brought you here?
2. use; purpose
- き 、
- つめこ 、
- かけお 。
- Then he got dressed, stuffed his lecture notes into his briefcase, and ran down the stairs.
3. for the use of ...; used for ...; made for ...
4. call of nature; excretionSee also 用を足す
1. form; shape; figureOnly applies to 形, Only applies to 容
- か 。
- Matter changes its form according to temperature.
容 【かたち】、貌 【かたち】、容 【よう】
1. (I) will; (I) shallon non-五段 stem, e.g. 食べる→食べよう; indicates intention
2. let'son non-五段 stem; indicates suggestion or invitation
3. (I) wonder (if); might it be (that); maybe; perhaps; perchanceon non-五段 stem; indicates speculation
4. hey; yo; hiFamiliar language
5. come on; heySee also よ, empathetic version of よ
6. CarbuncleA carbuncle is an abscess larger than a boil, usually wit... Read more
1. cornerstone; main point; keystone
2. requirement; need
3. necessary; required
1. Occident and Orient (esp. the Occident)
2. ocean; sea
3. foreign; Western; European
1. tax paid to avoid forced labor (ritsuryo period); tax in kindHistorical term, See also 力役
2. mediocrityObsolete term, Only applies to よう
庸 【ちからしろ】、力代 【ちからしろ】
3. LavaLava refers both to molten rock expelled by a volcano dur... Read more
1. Western-style clothes (cf. traditional Japanese clothes)
2. KindergartenA kindergarten is a preschool educational institution for... Read more
1. preparation; arrangements; provision; getting ready; laying out (e.g. a meal)