Words — 89 found
1. receiving; reception; getting; being givenHumble (kenjougo) language
- Don't scrape your chair on the floor.
2. eating; drinking; havingHumble (kenjougo) language
- I'll take these roses.
3. please; please do for meFamiliar language, Female term or language, Usually written using kana alone, also used after -te form of verb
- We plan to elicit opinions from the public.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. just (e.g. "just wait here"); come now; now, nowwhen urging or consoling
2. tolerably; passably; moderately; reasonably; fairly; rather; somewhat
3. well...; I think...; it would seem...; you might say...; Hmmm, I guess so...when hesitating to express an opinion
4. oh!; oh dear!; oh, my!; wow!; goodness gracious!; good heavens!Female term or language
5. Ma (kana)ま, in hiragana, or マ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. indicates possessiveSee also 乃, occasionally ん, orig. written 乃 or 之
- Visit my webpage and find out more about me.
2. nominalizes verbs and adjectives
- As time went on, rules were added to the game to make it safer.
3. substitutes for "ga" in subordinate phrasesSee also が
- There were almost 100 people, few of whom I had seen before.
4. (at sentence-end, falling tone) indicates a confident conclusionoften ん
5. (at sentence-end) indicates emotional emphasisFemale term or language
- My father doesn't let me go out alone at night.
6. (at sentence-end, rising tone) indicates question
- Do you have a part time job?
7. No (kana)の, in hiragana, or ノ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. indicates emotion or admirationFemale term or language, at sentence end
2. indicates emphasisKansai dialect, at sentence end
3. I; meTsugaru dialect
6. Wa (kana)わ, in hiragana, or ワ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. so-so; passableOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- "How do you find your washing-machine?" "Not so bad."
2. now, nowused to calming somebody down
- Now, please don't get so angry.
3. my, myFemale term or language, expression of wonder, surprise, etc.
- ちい 、
- My what a narrow waist! Her face is small, she really looks just like a doll!
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. I; meFemale term or language, Usually written using kana alone
私 【あたくし】、私 【あたい】、私 【あて】
1. I wonder; do you think?; I might; how aboutFemale term or language
2. some kind; some stage; somehow; somewhereindicates imprecision
1. indicates reason or excuseused as a conjunction or at sentence-end, often as 〜ものな, 〜ものね
- By the way, Ren. Should I take your hand? Every year you wander off.
2. indicates dissatisfaction; indicates desire to be pampered or indulgedFemale term or language, at sentence-end
1. gentlemen; menHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Female term or language
2. the men's (sign on toilet, bathroom, etc. doors)often 殿方用
1. bed-wettingChildren's language, Usually written using kana alone, See also 寝小便 ねしょうべん
お寝小: Rarely-used kanji form. 御寝小: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. look here; I say; well; I know what; I'll tell you what; just a minute; hold onFamiliar language, Female term or language
1. pat; tap; clap; slap; smackOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, See also ポンと
2. pop; crackOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. cutesy suffix applied to namesFemale term or language, Slang
1. Oh well; yeah; good; OKFemale term or language
- "Ah, that's true," Susan puts in, "I just wanted to call to ..."
1. I beg your pardonUsually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, Female term or language
- Ha-ha-ha, pray forgive me. Please don't worry yourself about that!
御免あそばせ 【ごめんあそばせ】、ご免遊ばせ 【ごめんあそばせ】
1. that's the way it is; yesFemale term or language, Colloquialism, at sentence-end with falling intonation; used to make an assertion
2. is that so?; is it?Female term or language, Colloquialism, at sentence-end with rising intonation