Words — 2827 found
1. always; usually; every timeUsually written using kana alone
- I'm always writing weird and hoopy stuff so I'm sure it's difficult to comment on.
2. neverUsually written using kana alone, with neg. verb
- I'm never at home on Sundays.
1. a lot; lots; plenty; many; a large number; much; a great deal; a good dealUsually written using kana alone
2. enough; sufficientUsually written using kana alone
3. enough; too many; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also 沢山 だくさん, after a noun; usu. read as だくさん
1. same; identical; equal; uniform; equivalent; similar; common (origin); changeless; alike
- Jazz uses the same notes that Bach used.
2. (usu. part of a 'nara' conditional) anyway; anyhow; in either case
1. just a minute; short time; just a littleUsually written using kana alone
- あいだ 、
- Hold still a moment while I fix your tie.
2. somewhat; easily; readily; ratherUsually written using kana alone
- ひく 。
- This desk is a little low for me.
3. (will not) easilyUsually written using kana alone, before a verb in negative form
- You won't find a better job in a hurry.
4. hey!Usually written using kana alone
- Hey, you there!
一寸 【ちょと】、鳥渡 【ちょっと】、鳥渡 【ちょと】、チョット、ちょいと、チョッと
鳥渡: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 鳥渡: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. why; howUsually written using kana alone
何故 【なにゆえ】、何ゆえ 【なにゆえ】
1. near; neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinitySee also 近い
- み 。
- She was looking for a room with a bath, and found one near here.
2. nearly (e.g. "it took nearly one year"); close to
- It is close to seven o'clock. We have to go to school.
3. shortly; soon
- The Diet will soon be dissolved.
1. exactly; precisely; just; rightUsually written using kana alone
2. as if; as though; quiteUsually written using kana alone
恰度: Out-dated kanji.
1. for the first timeSee also 始める
- とき 、
- When I was sixteen, I played tennis for the first time.
2. only after ... is it ...; only when ... do you ...after the -te form of a verb
- Only through protest can a free and open society be maintained.
始めて 【はじめて】、甫めて 【はじめて】
1. how much?; how many?Usually written using kana alone
2. even; even if
1. variousUsually written using kana alone
- ありがと 。
- かきと 。
- Thank you very much for everything. He wrote it down lest he should forget it.
2. various colors (colours)Archaism
1. gradually; by degrees; little by little; more and more; increasinglyUsually written using kana alone
2. steps; stairs; staircase; terrace
1. straight (ahead); direct; upright; erectUsually written using kana alone
- Did you go straight home after school yesterday?
2. straightforward; honest; frankUsually written using kana alone
真っすぐ 【まっすぐ】、真っ直 【まっすぐ】、真直ぐ 【まっすぐ】、真すぐ 【まっすぐ】
真直ぐ: Irregular okurigana usage. 真すぐ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. nicely; properly; well; skillfully; skilfullyUsually written using kana alone, See also 良い
- とみられ 。
- The project is well-planned and interesting, but its immediate impact on the bottom line is not considered substantial.
2. frequently; oftenUsually written using kana alone
- Mitsuna is very tidy so she often cleans up without being asked.
善く 【よく】、能く 【よく】、好く 【よく】、克く 【よく】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. moving from place to place; being passed around repeatedly
- They were transferred from one office to another.
2. rolling about
3. Adrift in TokyoAdrift in Tokyo (Japanese title 転々, tenten) is a 2007 Jap... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. never; by no means; not in the least; in no waywith neg. verb
けして: Irregular kana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. plenty; enough; sufficient; satisfactory; adequate
- も 。
- I have enough money to buy this book.
2. division into tenOnly applies to 十分
3. perfectly; thoroughly; fully; in full
- "Would you like any more?" "No, I've had enough."
1. always; without exception; necessarily; certainly; without fail; positively; invariably
1. feeling; sensation; mood
2. preparedness; readiness; attitude
3. thanks; solicitude; sympathyHumble (kenjougo)
4. just a little; somewhat; slightly
1. mostly; ordinarily; usually; generallyUsually written using kana alone
- あらわ 。
- The symbol "X" usually stands for an unknown quantity in mathematics.
3. most; almost all
- Night is when most people go to bed.
4. ordinarybefore a neg. form
5. proper; appropriate; moderateusu. as 〜にする