Words — 352 found
- The curtain was rising then.
2. act (in a play)
- This play has three acts.
3. falling of the curtain; end (of a scene)
4. end; close
5. case; occasion; role (to play); part; place
6. makuuchi; top divisionSumo, See also 幕内
1. to wind; to coil; to roll; to wear (e.g. turban, scarf)
2. to envelope; to shroudusu. 巻かれる
3. to outflank; to skirt
4. to link (verse)See also 付合 つけあい
5. to move ahead (three hours, etc.); to move up
1. to scatter; to sprinkle; to strewUsually written using kana alone
2. to distribute (handbills, etc.); to spread (rumours, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
3. to give the slip; to throw off; to shake off; to loseUsually written using kana alone
1. pillow; bolster
2. introduction (e.g. to a rakugo story); lead-in
3. PillowA pillow is a large cushion support for the head or other... Read more
1. to turn up; to roll up (e.g. sleeves)Usually written using kana alone
2. to do over and over again; to do relentlessly; to do with reckless abandonUsually written using kana alone
- つか 、
- If you go around the Internet, using half-width katakana in various places, eventually you're going to end up pissing off a lot of people.
3. to stage a comeback (against) (in mahjong, horse racing, etc.); to come from behindSlang, Usually written using kana alone
1. pillow fight
2. Makura-NageA Makura-Nage is a game from Japan in which children thro... Read more
1. to be turned up; to be turned inside out; to ride up; to be lifted (e.g. by wind)Usually written using kana alone
1. to talk on and on; to rattle on; to keep on talking (without pause)
捲し立てる 【まくしたてる】、捲したてる 【まくしたてる】、捲くし立てる 【まくしたてる】
捲くし立てる: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. pillow word; decorative word used prefixally in classical Japanese literatureLinguistics
2. preface; introduction
3. Makurakotoba, literally "pillow word", are figures of speech used in ... Read more
1. rise of the curtain; opening of a playSee also 幕開き
2. beginning (e.g. of an era); start; opening (of a tournament, festival, etc.)
幕明け: Irregular kanji usage.
1. third highest division; wrestlers of the third highest divisionSumo
1. intermission (between acts); interlude
幕あい 【まくあい】、幕間 【まくま】
まくま: Irregular kana usage.