Words — 376 found
1. to advance; to go forward
2. to precede; to go ahead (of)
3. to make progress; to improve
4. to deepen; to heighten
5. to be fast (of a clock); to be ahead
6. to do of one's own free willSee also 進んで
1. advancing to the next stage of education; going on to (high school, college, etc.)
1. to advance; to move forward; to put (a clock, watch) forward
- すす 。
- Napoleon marched his armies into Russia.
2. to carry forward (plans, work, etc.); to proceed with; to make progress in; to further; to advance; to hasten; to speed up
- すすめ 。
- The project is underway.
3. to raise; to elevate; to promote; to develop; to stimulate (e.g. one's appetite)
1. promotion; advancement; rising in rank
昇進 【しょうじん】、陞進 【しょうしん】、陞進 【しょうじん】
しょうじん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しょうじん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. promotion; acceleration; encouragement; facilitation; spurring on
1. moving forward (e.g. vehicle); onward movement
- The work is now in progress.
2. advance (work, procedure, etc.); advancement; progress
3. progress (of a disease); disease progression
- About this time, the disease slowed.
4. progression (harmonic, melodic)Music
1. route; course; path
- まちうけ 。
- Whichever way we choose will involve danger.
2. one's future course (e.g. after graduating high school)
- もと 。
- I asked my teacher for advice on my future course.
1. advance (into a new market, industry, etc.); expansion (into); launch (into); entering; making inroads (into)
2. advance (to the next round of a competition)
1. propulsion; drive
2. promotion (of a policy, project, movement, etc.); furtherance; advancement; pushing forward
- Lobbyists for the bill funneled bribes into a campaign fund.
1. advanced (developed) country; advanced nations
2. Developed countryA developed country or "more developed country" (MDC), is... Read more
2. March (music)A march, as a musical genre, is a piece of music with a s... Read more
1. advanced; developed
2. seniority; senior; superior; elderAntonym: 後進