Words — 260 found
1. debt; liabilities
2. Liability (financial accounting)In financial accounting, a liability is defined as an obl... Read more
1. to lose; to be defeated
2. to succumb; to give in; to surrender; to yieldOnly applies to 負ける
3. to be inferior toOnly applies to 負ける
4. to break out in a rash due to (e.g. lacquer, shaving, etc.)Only applies to 負ける, See also 気触れる かぶれる
5. to reduce the price; to give a discount; to throw in (something extra) for freeOnly applies to 負ける
敗ける 【まける】、敗北る 【まける】
敗北る: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. victory or defeat
- か 。
- Slow and steady wins the race.
2. match; contest; game; bout
- Bob is a good match for you in skating.
1. to carry on one's back
2. to be burdened with; to take responsibility for
3. to have (something) in the background; to be in front (of something)
4. to be conceited; to think highly of oneselfOnly applies to しょう, See also しょってる, in the form しょってる
背負う 【しょう】、脊負う 【せおう】、脊負う 【しょう】
脊負う: Irregular kanji usage. 脊負う: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to bear; to carry on one's backSee also 背負う
- It is the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
2. to take responsibility for; to accept a duty
- You've got to answer for the outcome.
3. to receive (wound); to incur (damage); to be injured
- The doctor tried hard to save the wounded boy.
4. to owe
1. burden; load; responsibility
2. bearing (a cost, responsibility, etc.); shouldering
1. freebie (e.g. with a purchase); something additional; bonus; an extraUsually written using kana alone
- つ 。
- This article comes with a free gift.
2. price reduction; discountUsually written using kana alone
3. exaggerationUsually written using kana alone
1. favour; favor; patronage; favouritism; favoritism; partiality
2. favourite; favorite
3. patron; supporter; backer
4. Bixi (tortoise)Bixi, also called guifu (龟趺) or baxia (霸下), is a stone to... Read more
1. being put to shame; being outshone; being eclipsed; feeling embarrassed
1. to contract; to undertake
- うけお 。
- He has taken all this work for nothing.
2. to take over; to take responsibility for
1. pride; self-confidence; thinking highly of oneself; being proud of one's abilities or achievements
1. carrying on one's back (e.g. baby); piggyback rideUsually written using kana alone
1. being a poor loser; unwillingness to admit defeat; sour grapes
負惜しみ: Irregular okurigana usage.