Words — 210 found
1. trouble; hardship; difficulty; labour; labor; toil; pains
2. anxiety; worry; concern; cares
苦勞: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. poor (at); weak (in); not very good (at)
2. not one's cup of tea; not one's favorite
1. pain; agony; suffering; distress; torment
1. painful; difficult; tough; hard
- くる 、
- It's so painful. Stop it!
2. distressing; (psychologically) difficult; stressful; awkward (e.g. position)
- He meditated on his past life of suffering.
3. straitened (circumstances); tight (financial situation); needy; struggling
- くる 。
- His family is rather badly off.
4. strained (interpretation, explanation, etc.); lame (e.g. excuse); forced (e.g. smile); far-fetched
1. to suffer; to groan; to be worried
1. absurd; unreasonable; nonsensical; preposterous; incoherentUsually written using kana alone
2. extreme; senseless; reckless; wantonUsually written using kana alone
- I feel a lot better now, but I know Dad's going to be real upset.
3. disorderly; chaotic; confused; messyUsually written using kana alone
- The earthquake smashed everything.
4. incredibly; really; so; superUsually written using kana alone
目茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 滅茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. thank you (for your hard work); I appreciate your effortsPolite (teineigo) language, See also お疲れ様, usu. to one's subordinate
ご苦労さま 【ごくろうさま】、御苦労様 【ごくろうさま】、御苦労さま 【ごくろうさま】
1. to torment; to pain; to inflict (physical) pain; to hurt
2. to harass; to cause (emotional) pain; to afflict; to distress; to bother; to trouble; to stump; to baffle
1. unsightly; ugly; unseemly; indecent; deplorable; disgraceful; shameful
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. nonsensical; unreasonable; absurd; unrealisticUsually written using kana alone, Yojijukugo (four character compound)
2. awfully; extremely; to excess; senseless; recklessUsually written using kana alone
3. disorder; confusion; being jumbled; being mixed upUsually written using kana alone
4. very; extremely; excessivelyColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
無茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. pain; anguish; distress; suffering; hardship
2. SufferingSuffering, or pain in a broad sense, is an experience of ... Read more
1. difficult situation; adverse circumstances; predicament; trouble; dilemma; distress
苦況: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. last resort; desperate measure taken under the pressure of necessity
1. candid advice; frank advice; honest opinion; exhortation; harsh but honest advice
1. bitterness; distress; pain; anguish; affliction
2. bitterness and astringency