Words — 327 found
1. sunburn; suntan; tan
- Christine stayed in the shade all day, because she didn't want to get a sunburn.
2. becoming discolored from the sun (e.g. of paper); yellowing
- She was very brown after her holiday.
3. drying up (of a river, field, etc.)
4. SunburnA sunburn is a burn to living tissue, such as skin, which... Read more
日やけ 【ひやけ】、日焼 【ひやけ】、陽焼け 【ひやけ】
日焼: Irregular okurigana usage. 陽焼け: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. burning; combustion
2. Combustion"Burning" redirects here. For combustion without external... Read more
1. to burn
- Could you cook this meat a little more?
2. to roast; to broil; to grill; to bake; to toast; to barbecue
- I'd like two prints of each.
3. to heat; to heat up
- おも 。
- I am going to try to get a good tan.
4. to make (charcoal, pottery, bricks, etc.); to bake; to fire; to burn
- I hear that you can burn CDs with Windows XP; could you tell me a website that explains the procedures involved?
5. to tan (i.e. suntan); to burnSee also 灼く やく
6. to print (a photo); to burn (an optical disc)
7. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 妬く やく
燬く 【やく】、焚く 【やく】
燬く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 焚く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to burn; to be roasted; to be heated; to be sunburnt; to fade (in the sun); to glow red (i.e. of the sky at sunset)Only applies to 焼ける
- や 。
- This toast is not done enough.
2. to be jealous; to be envious
灼ける 【やける】、妬ける 【やける】
1. evening glow; red sunset; afterglow (of sunset)
2. AfterglowAn afterglow is a broad high arch of whitish or rosy ligh... Read more
夕焼: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. yakiniku; Japanese dish of grilled meat similar to Korean barbecueFood, cooking
2. roasted meat; grillFood, cooking
3. YakinikuYakiniku (焼き肉 or 焼肉), meaning "grilled meat", is a Japane... Read more
Common word Links
1. sukiyaki; thin slices of beef, cooked with various vegetables in a table-top cast-iron panFood, cooking
2. SukiyakiSukiyaki (Japanese: 鋤焼 or more commonly すき焼き) is a Japane... Read more
すき焼 【すきやき】、鋤焼き 【すきやき】、鋤焼 【すきやき】、寿喜焼 【すきやき】
鋤焼き: Rarely-used kanji form. 鋤焼: Rarely-used kanji form. 寿喜焼: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. shōchū; Japanese spirit distilled from sweet potatoes, rice, etc.
2. Shōchūis a Japanese distilled beverage. It is typically distill... Read more
1. jealousyUsually written using kana alone
- Jealousy is an enemy to friendship.
2. roasted rice cake
焼もち 【やきもち】、焼き餠 【やきもち】、焼き餅 【やきもち】、焼餅 【やきもち】
1. brand (burnt-in mark of identification); branding iron
2. Livestock brandingLivestock branding is a technique for marking livestock s... Read more
1. Kutani ware; style of Japanese porcelain
2. Kutani wareKutani ware is a style of Japanese porcelain Gotō Saijirō... Read more