Words — 70 found
1. cheers; bottoms-up; prosit
- かんぱい 。
- Here's to your health!
2. toast; drink (in honor or celebration of someone or something)
- Let's toast the guest of honor!
3. drinking one's glass dry
4. Toast (honor)A toast is a ritual in which a drink is taken as an expre... Read more
乾盃: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. one cup (of); one glass (of); one bowl (of); cupful; glassful; bowlful; spoonful
- つきあ 。
- He made his girlfriend go out for a drink with him.
2. one drink (of alcohol)
- の 。
- We jammed into the elevator.
3. full; filled (with); brimming (with); crowded; packedUsually written using kana alone
4. fully; to capacity; to the maximum; as much as possibleUsually written using kana alone
- ほおば 。
- The boy stuffed cake into his mouth.
5. a lot; much; manyUsually written using kana alone
- There are a lot of beach bums in Hawaii.
6. all of ...; the entire ...Usually written using kana alone
- しあ 。
- Even if it takes me the whole day, I will do the typing.
7. one (squid, octopus, crab, etc.)
8. one (boat)
１杯 【いっぱい】、一ぱい 【いっぱい】、１ぱい 【いっぱい】、一盃 【いっぱい】
一盃: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. the best one can do; one's best effort
2. with all one's might; to the best of one's ability
1. with all one's strength; with might and main; as hard as one can
1. full stomach; bellyful; (eat) heartily
2. to one's heart's content
1. three cups of sake which latecomers to a party are made to drink
- かけつけさんばい 、
- Anybody who shows up late has to chug!
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. glass (drinking vessel); tumblerUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to コップ, From Portuguese “copo”, From Dutch; Flemish “kop”
2. cups (playing card suit)Usually written using kana alone
洋杯 【コツフ】、洋盃 【コップ】、洋盃 【コツフ】、骨杯 【コップ】、骨杯 【コツフ】
洋杯: Rarely-used kanji form. 洋杯: Rarely-used kanji form. 洋盃: Rarely-used kanji form. 洋盃: Rarely-used kanji form. 骨杯: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 骨杯: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. sake cup; cup for alcoholic beveragesSee also 杯 さかずき
- In the U.S., it is common to give a present, such as glasses or a coffee-maker, to the bride at weddings.
2. counter for cupfuls, bowlfuls, spoonfuls, etc.
- After a couple of drinks, the guy was feeling no pain.
3. counter for boats
4. counter for octopuses and squid
5. cup (in sports); championshipSee also アジア杯
1. having one's hands full; not having any room to do more; at the limit
1. getting a lump in one's throat; overflowing with feelingsSee also 胸がいっぱいになる
- We were filled with anger against the murderer.
2. chest full of; lungs full of
- すいこ 。
- I breathed the smell of the flowers in the garden.
1. sake cup; cup for alcoholic beverages
杯 【さかづき】、盃 【さかずき】、盃 【さかづき】、坏 【さかずき】、坏 【さかづき】、巵 【さかずき】、巵 【さかづき】、卮 【さかずき】、卮 【さかづき】、盞 【さかずき】、盞 【さかづき】、觚 【さかずき】、觚 【さかづき】、觴 【さかずき】、觴 【さかづき】、酒盃 【さかずき】、酒盃 【さかづき】、盞 【うき】
酒盃: Irregular kanji usage. 酒盃: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to play a trick on; to cheat; to deceive; to dupe
1. being preoccupied with; being obsessed; only thinking of; having only ... on one's mindIdiomatic expression
- I'm preoccupied with the exam.