Words — 51 found
1. spare time; free time; leisure
- "Oh? If you're free get the cleaning done." "What's up with that? Don't order your brother around!"
2. time (e.g. time it takes to do something)Only applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
3. time off; day off; vacation; holiday; leave
4. quitting (one's job); firing someone; divorcing (one's spouse)
5. (being) inactive; (of one's business) slowOnly applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
6. leaving; departingOnly applies to いとま, See also 御暇
閑 【ひま】、暇 【いとま】、遑 【いとま】、ヒマ
1. holiday; day off; furlough; absence (from work)
1. leaving; going homeUsually written using kana alone, See also 暇 いとま
- い 。
- "Now I must say good-bye," he said suddenly.
2. quitting one's job
3. free time; leisure; spare time
1. leave-taking; offering one's resignation; farewell visit
暇乞: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. too many to count; too numerous to mention
枚挙に暇が無い 【まいきょにいとまがない】、枚挙にいとまが無い 【まいきょにいとまがない】、枚挙に暇がない 【まいきょにいとまがない】、枚挙に遑がない 【まいきょにいとまがない】、枚挙に遑が無い 【まいきょにいとまがない】
1. maternity leave; eight weeks of compulsory leave following childbirth, plus an optional further six weeksSee also 産休
2. paternity leave