Words — 280 found
1. to hurry; to rush; to hasten; to make something happen sooner
1. sudden; abrupt; unexpected
- い 。
- He said that the matter was urgent, and that there was not a moment to lose.
2. urgent; pressing
3. steep; sharp; precipitous
- The staircase leading to the rooftop is narrow, steep, and dark.
4. rapid; swift; fast
- The current of this river is rapid.
5. emergency; crisis; danger
6. urgency; hurrying; haste
7. (in gagaku or noh) end of a songSee also 序破急
1. limited express (train for which a limited-express ticket is required)Abbreviation, See also 特別急行, used by JR, Seibu, Kintetsu, etc.
- As my watch was slow, I missed the special express.
2. limited express (train making a limited no. of stops)Abbreviation, See also 特別急行, used by Keiō, Keikyu, Hankyū, Hanshin, etc.
3. great hurry
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. surely; undoubtedly; almost certainly; most likely (e.g. 90 percent)Usually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
- But I don't think Dad would like me to.
2. sternly; severelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, esp. キッと
3. having no slack; rigid; stiff; tightUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. suddenly; abruptly; instantlyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Archaism
屹度: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 急度: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. sudden; abrupt; rapid; sharp; drastic; radical
1. swiftly; rapidly; quickly; immediately; hastily; hurriedly
- Care aged him quickly.
2. suddenly; abruptly; unexpectedly
- いなお 。
- He changed his attitude suddenly.
3. sharply (of a slope, bend, etc.); steeply
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. urgent; pressing; immediate; prompt; express
2. urgently; promptly; at once; right away; without delay; as soon as possible
1. to hurry (up); to urge on; to press; to rush
2. AmbulanceAn ambulance is a vehicle for transportation of sick or i... Read more
1. swift current; rapids
2. RapidA rapid is a section of a river where the river bed has a... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. immediate; prompt; quick; rapid; urgent; pressing
1. rapid increase; proliferation; surge; explosion
1. sudden rise (in price); sharp rise; jump; surge