Words — 238 found
1. contribution; donation
3. DonationA donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. old person; elderly person; senior citizen
- ささ 。
- The blind nurse devoted herself to caring for the elderly.
2. trustee of the Japan Sumo Association; retired high-ranking wrestler who is licensed to coach and receives retirement paySumo term
3. senior statesman (of the Tokugawa shogunate)
4. important local official (under the Tokugawa Shogunate)
5. ToshiyoriA toshiyori (年寄) is a sumo elder of the Japan Sumo Associ... Read more
年寄 【としより】、年より 【としより】
1. to approach; to draw near; to come near; to be close to
2. to gather (in one place); to come together; to meet
3. to stop by (while on one's way to another place); to drop by; to make a short visit
4. to grow old; to grow high (number, etc.)See also 年が寄る
5. to grow (wrinkly)in the form of しわが寄る
6. to lean against; to recline onalso written as 倚る, 凭る
7. to push one's opponent while holding their beltSumo term
8. to decide on a price and come to a deal
9. to be swayed by (a person); to yield toArchaism
1. to come near; to let someone approach
- Pull over to the side, please.
2. to bring near; to bring together; to collect; to gather
- あ 。
- The snow banked up against the wall.
3. to deliver (opinion, news, etc.); to send (e.g. a letter); to contribute; to donate
4. to let someone drop by
5. to add (numbers)
6. to have feelings for (love, goodwill, trust, etc.)
7. to rely upon for a time; to depend on
8. to use as a pretext
9. to put aside
10. to press; to push; to force
11. to include; to welcome (in a group); to let inKansai dialect
1. to send; to forwardUsually written using kana alone
- Could you send someone up to pick up some laundry?
2. to hand over (e.g. money)Usually written using kana alone
- Is there someone who could help me?
寄こす 【よこす】、遣す 【よこす】
1. to approach; to draw near
1. to lean (to one side); to incline
2. to be unbalanced (e.g. diet); to be unduly weighted towards; to be concentrated on
- Your diet is going to be really unbalanced if all you eat is hamburgers.
3. to be partial; to be biased; to be prejudiced
- だれ 、
- Anybody with at least a two-digit IQ knows this was a politically biased choice.
1. to stop by; to drop in for a short visit
立寄る 【たちよる】、立ちよる 【たちよる】
1. to order; to send away for; to have (something) sent to one
2. to pull (something) closer
1. to advance on; to close in; to march on; to descend on (the enemy); to move towards; to surge forward (crowd, wave of nostalgia, wave, etc.); to rush for (the door); to inundate; to overwhelm; to push aside
押寄せる 【おしよせる】、押しよせる 【おしよせる】
1. to lean against; to recline on; to lean on
2. to rely on; to depend on
寄り掛かる 【よりかかる】、寄り掛る 【よりかかる】、倚り懸かる 【よりかかる】、凭り掛かる 【よりかかる】
凭り掛かる: Out-dated kanji.
1. nearest; neighbouring; neighboring; nearby
最寄: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to compromise; to meet halfway
2. to step up to; to walk up to; to approach
1. welcome (news); inviting; encouraging; tempting; hopeful
1. dropping in on the way; stopping off at; making a side trip
2. going the long way round; making a detour
1. mishmash; miscellany; medley; jumble; mixture; odds and ends
1. to creep; to steal up; to draw near unnoticed
忍びよる 【しのびよる】、しのび寄る 【しのびよる】