Words — 97 found
1. to close; to shut
1. to be shut; to close; to be closedesp. 閉まる
- し 。
- Unfortunately, the store was closed.
2. to be firm (of a body, face, etc.); to be well-knitOnly applies to 締まる
- ことができ 。
- The door was locked, so I couldn't get in.
3. to be locked
4. to tighten; to be tightened
5. to become sober; to become tense
締まる 【しまる】、緊まる 【しまる】
1. to close (e.g. book, eyes, meeting, etc.); to shut
1. deadline; closing; cut-off; endnot 閉め切り, etc.
2. cofferdamnot 閉め切り, etc.
3. closed (door, window, etc.)not 〆切, etc.
締切り 【しめきり】、締切 【しめきり】、〆切 【しめきり】、〆切り 【しめきり】、乄切り 【しめきり】、閉め切り 【しめきり】、閉切り 【しめきり】
締切: Irregular okurigana usage. 乄切り: Out-dated kanji.
1. closure (of a ceremony, event, meeting, etc.)
1. to close up; to shut up (e.g. behind doors)
2. to cut off (e.g. because a deadline has expired); to close off (e.g. subscription list)usu. 締め切る
閉め切る 【しめきる】、〆切る 【しめきる】、閉切る 【しめきる】、締切る 【しめきる】
1. closing; closure; shutdown; lockout
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. dumbfounded; stumped; at one's wits' end; nonplussed
- He was stumped by the problem.
- I'm annoyed at your selfishness.
1. to shut out; to bar; to lock out; to exclude
1. closing up shop (for the day)
2. stopping business; going out of business
1. to shut; to close; to fasten; to lock
2. to block (a street, entrance, etc.)Only applies to とざす
- と 。
- Japan's rice market is closed to imports.
3. to shut in (with snow, ice, etc.); to shut off; to cut off; to cover (e.g. in darkness)Only applies to とざす, usu. in the passive
- と 。
- The lake was bound in ice.
4. to consume (with negative feelings); to fill (e.g. with sadness); to bury (e.g. in grief)Only applies to とざす, usu. in the passive
鎖す 【とざす】、鎖す 【さす】
1. to seclude oneself; to shut oneself away
閉じ篭る 【とじこもる】、閉じ籠る 【とじこもる】、閉じ籠もる 【とじこもる】、閉じ篭もる 【とじこもる】、閉じ込もる 【とじこもる】、閉篭る 【とじこもる】、閉籠る 【とじこもる】
1. to lock up; to shut up; to imprison
閉じこめる 【とじこめる】、閉込める 【とじこめる】
1. ending the climbing season; closure of a mountain to climbers
2. closing a mine; discontinuation of mining
- This mine will close down next month.
1. closing addressSee also 開会の辞
閉会の辞 【へいかいのことば】、閉会のことば 【へいかいのことば】、閉会の言葉 【へいかいのことば】
Common word Links
1. blockage; blockade; blocking up; stoppage; obstruction; occlusion