1. far; distant; far away; a long way off; in the distance
- とお 。
- His house is not far from here.
2. distant (past); remote (in time); remote; far-removed (in time)
- It won't be long before your dream comes true.
3. distant (relationship or kinship); having little to do (with someone)
- He is a distant relation of hers.
4. far (from something else in quality, degree, etc.); not similar; way off
5. hard (of hearing)as 耳が遠い
6. nearsightedas 目が遠い
1. reserve; constraint; restraint; modesty; diffidence; hesitation; holding back; discretion; tact; thoughtfulness
2. declining; refraining
3. forethought; foresightorig. meaning
1. far away; distant place; a (great) distance; a long way off; afar
- み 。
- Mt. Fuji could be seen in the distance.
2. long ago; far back; far (into the future)
3. by farSee also 遠く及ばない
1. to go away; to become more distant; to fade away; to die away
2. to be estranged
1. centrifugal forcePhysics
2. Centrifugal forceCentrifugal force (from Latin centrum, meaning "center", ... Read more
2. Perspective (visual)Perspective, in context of vision and visual perception, ... Read more
1. expedition; (military) campaign
- Who was the leader of the expedition?
2. tour (by a sports team, performer, etc.); visit
- ま 。
- We lost almost all our away games.
1. roundabout (e.g. expression); indirect (reference, criticism, etc.); oblique
1. long distance relationship
2. Long-distance relationshipA long-distance relationship (LDR) is typically an intima... Read more