Words — 86 found
1. slow; time-consuming; sluggishOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い, Only applies to 遲い
- My pulse is slow.
2. late (in the day); towards the end (of the day or night); until a time far into the day or nightOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い, Only applies to 遲い
- He came home late last night.
3. later (than expected or usual); late; behind schedule; behind time; tardy; overdue; unpunctualOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い, Only applies to 遲い
- おそ 。
- Spring is late coming this year.
4. too late; having missed the boatOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い, Only applies to 遲い
5. dull; stupidArchaism, Only applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い, Only applies to 遲い
- He cannot be a slow learner.
鈍い 【おそい】、晩い 【おそい】、遲い 【おそい】
遲い: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to be late; to be delayed; to fall behind schedule; to be overdueusu. 遅れる
2. to fall behind (in a race, one's studies, etc.); to lag behind; to be behind (the times)oft. 後れる
- おくれ 。
- She's far behind in her studies.
3. to be bereaved of; to be preceded by (someone) in deathoft. 後れる
4. to be slow (of a clock or watch)
1. lateness; tardiness; arriving late
1. delay; lag; postponement; falling behind
1. to delay; to postpone; to put off; to slow down; to hold up; to retard; to put back (a clock)
1. to delay; to postpone; to slow down; to retard
後らす 【おくらす】、遅す 【おくらす】
遅す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to fall behind; to lag behind; to lose (race, contest)
遅れをとる 【おくれをとる】、後れを取る 【おくれをとる】、後れをとる 【おくれをとる】
1. late blooming (flower, talent); late flowering
1. certificate of lateness (issued by a railroad company, etc.)
2. Delay certificateA delay certificate (電車遅延証明書, densha chien shoumei sho, l... Read more
1. to be too late; to be too slow
- おそ 。
- It was too late for us to do anything else.