Words — 71 found
1. to cross over; to cross; to pass through; to pass over (out of); to go beyond; to go pastesp. 越える
- し 。
- As a citizen of the world, I know ways of overcoming cultural barriers.
2. to exceed; to surpass; to be more (than)esp. 超える
- Americans who are over sixty-five make up 12.5% of the total population.
1. to cross over (e.g. mountain); to go across
- The ship will cross the equator tonight.
2. to get over (e.g. hardship)
3. to pass time (e.g. a winter)
- How will they get through the cold winter in that tent?
4. to surpass; to be better than; to exceedoften 超す
- By 2030, twenty-one percent of its population will be over sixty-five.
5. to move house
- An old lady moved to place next door.
6. to go; to comeHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, See also お越し
- Please come again.
1. extract (of plants, meat, etc.); essence; concentrate; concentrated stockUsually written using kana alone, abbr. of Dutch "extract"
2. ExtractAn extract is a substance made by extracting a part of a ... Read more
越幾斯: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. mistake; error; fault; slip; blunder; omission; oversight; lapse
落度 【おちど】、越度 【おちど】
1. across; over; beyond; through; crossing
2. throughout (a period of time); for
1. exceeding one's authority; abusing one's legal authority; ultra vires activitiesYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. crossing a border (illegally); border violation; border transgression
1. Echigo (former province located in present-day Niigata Prefecture)
1. going beyond authority; unauthorized; unauthorised; ultra vires
1. Koshihikari (variety of rice)Usually written using kana alone
2. KoshihikariKoshihikari (コシヒカリ, 越光) is a popular variety of rice cult... Read more
1. Etenraku (Japanese court music composition)
2. EtenrakuEtenraku is a Japanese gagaku melody and dance. It is usu... Read more
1. gaining admission into a school in a school district other than one's ownYojijukugo (four character compound)