1. to cross over (e.g. mountain); to go across
- The ship will cross the equator tonight.
2. to get over (e.g. hardship)
3. to pass time (e.g. a winter)
- How will they get through the cold winter in that tent?
4. to surpass; to be better than; to exceedoften 超す
- By 2030, twenty-one percent of its population will be over sixty-five.
5. to move house
- An old lady moved to place next door.
6. to go; to comeHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, See also お越し
- Please come again.
Log in to talk about this word.