Words — 108 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. debt; liabilities
2. Liability (financial accounting)In financial accounting, a liability is defined as an obl... Read more
1. to lose; to be defeated
2. to succumb; to give in; to surrender; to yieldOnly applies to 負ける
3. to be inferior toOnly applies to 負ける
4. to break out in a rash due to (e.g. lacquer, shaving, etc.)Only applies to 負ける, See also 気触れる かぶれる
5. to reduce the price; to give a discount; to throw in (something extra) for freeOnly applies to 負ける
敗ける 【まける】、敗北る 【まける】
敗北る: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to bear; to carry on one's backSee also 背負う
- It is the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
2. to take responsibility for; to accept a duty
- You've got to answer for the outcome.
3. to receive (wound); to incur (damage); to be injured
- The doctor tried hard to save the wounded boy.
4. to owe
1. burden; load; responsibility
2. bearing (a cost, responsibility, etc.); shouldering
1. carrying (someone) on one's back (esp. a child); piggyback rideUsually written using kana alone
2. relying on (someone); being (financially) dependent onUsually written using kana alone
負んぶ: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. loser; failure; underdog; unsuccessful person; non-achiever; loser dog
- I can't stand getting beaten.
2. unmarried and childless older womanSlang, Derogatory, See also お一人様 おひとりさま
Details ▸More Words >