Words — 22 found
1. to pile up; to stack
- あら 。
- If you stack the dishes up by the sink, I'll do them later.
2. to load (car, ship, etc.); to pack
- つ 。
- The ship was stowed with arms.
3. to acquire; to accumulate
- He is a man of wide experience.
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
- ぬす 。
- Tom had his car stolen early last week.
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま, See also 頭数
8. down payment; depositAbbreviation, Only applies to あたま, See also 頭金
9. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
10. pairMahjong, Colloquialism, Only applies to あたま, See also 雀頭 ジャントー
11. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. to pick; to pluck
2. to snip; to cut; to nip; to trimOnly applies to 摘む
1. to become fine (of fabric)
2. to be checkmatedShogi
3. to be hard pressed; to be at a loss; to reach the limits
2. Spindle (textiles)A spindle is a wooden spike (known as the shaft) used for... Read more
紡錘 【つむ】、錘 【つむ】、錘 【つみ】
1. to close (one's eyes); to shutUsually written using kana alone, See also 目をつぶる
2. sensation; commotion; hullabalooOnly applies to せんぷう
- I'm sure she'll cause a stir in the Tokyo fashion world.
旋風 【つむじかぜ】、つむじ風 【つむじかぜ】、旋風 【つじかぜ】、辻風 【つじかぜ】
1. to spin; to make yarn
2. to spin (a tale); to assemble (e.g. words); to put together
1. pongee; soft thin cloth woven from raw silk
2. PongeePongee is a soft thin woven cloth. In the early 1900s, po... Read more
1. rainbow runner (Elagatis bipinnulata); rainbow yellowtail; Spanish jack; Hawaiian salmonUsually written using kana alone
2. Rainbow runnerThe rainbow runner (Elagatis bipinnulata), also known as ... Read more
1. (spun) silk thread
2. spun thread (wool, etc.)usu. 紡ぎ糸
紬糸 【つむぎいと】、つむぎ糸 【つむぎいと】
1. yellowfin toxic goby (Yongeichthys criniger); horny gobyUsually written using kana alone
1. hair whorlUsually written using kana alone
2. Hair whorlA hair whorl is a patch of hair growing in the opposite d... Read more