1. thinin ref. to objects, not to people
- Cut the meat into thin slices.
2. pale; light; faint
- He wore a light blue tie.
3. watery; thin; dilute
- つく 。
- I prepared a weak solution of sugar and water.
4. weak (taste, etc.); little (affection, etc.) not much (of a presence)
- I'd like my coffee weak.
5. slim (probability, etc.); small
- うす 。
- There is little hope of my success.
6. sparse; patchy; scattered
1. dim light; faint light; half-light of early morning; twilight
1. to dilute; to water down
1. slightly; lightly; thinly; faintly; dimlyUsually written using kana alone
- Her cheeks were faintly flushed.
薄っすら: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. filthy; dirty (looking); drab
薄汚ない 【うすぎたない】、薄ぎたない 【うすぎたない】
1. thin film
2. Thin filmA thin film is a layer of material ranging from fractions... Read more