Words — 60 found
1. parent; parents; mother and fatherOnly applies to 親
- けっこん 。
- Anna married without the knowledge of her parents.
2. dealer; banker, Mahjong, Only applies to 親, See also 子
3. founder; inventor
4. (pet) ownerOnly applies to 親
5. key; parent (organization); mainOnly applies to 親
6. ancestor; forefather
7. ParentA parent is a caretaker of the offspring in their own spe... Read more
- なづ 。
- We named my son after my grandfather.
2. old manOnly applies to おおじ, See also 爺
3. kyogen mask used for the role of an old manOnly applies to おおじ
祖父 【じじ】、祖父 【じい】、祖父 【おおじ】、祖父 【おじ】、祖父 【そぶ】
そぶ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
祖母 【ばば】、祖母 【おおば】、祖母 【おば】、祖母 【うば】
1. motherland; fatherland; native country
2. FatherlandFatherland is the nation of one's "fathers", "forefathers... Read more
1. grandmotherUsually written using kana alone, See also お祖母さん, usu. 祖母さん
- かいもの 。
- Today I'm shopping in town as well as running an errand for my grandmother.
2. old woman; female senior citizenUsually written using kana alone, See also お婆さん, 婆さん
- "The old lady of this shop is very unsociable but ..." "Taiki, I can hear you!" "Ack!"
ばーさん: Irregular kana usage.
1. ancestor worshipYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. Veneration of the deadVeneration of the dead is based on the belief that the de... Read more
1. ancestral spirit; collective of ancestral spirits which have lost their individualities
2. ancestor deified as a kami; spirit of a kami
3. SoreiThe Japanese word ‘sorei’ (祖霊) refers to the spirits of a... Read more
1. protolanguage; parent languageLinguistics
2. Proto-languageA proto-language (alternatively known as a parent languag... Read more