Words — 282 found
1. to burn
- Could you cook this meat a little more?
2. to roast; to broil; to grill; to bake; to toast; to barbecue
- I'd like two prints of each.
3. to heat; to heat up
- おも 。
- I am going to try to get a good tan.
4. to make (charcoal, pottery, bricks, etc.); to bake; to fire; to burn
- I hear that you can burn CDs with Windows XP; could you tell me a website that explains the procedures involved?
5. to tan (i.e. suntan); to burnSee also 灼く やく
6. to print (a photo); to burn (an optical disc)
7. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 妬く やく
燬く 【やく】、焚く 【やく】
燬く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 焚く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. role; assignment; responsibility; duty; function; job; service
- は 。
- He played an important part.
2. position (of responsibility); post; office
3. part (in a play, film, etc.); role; character
- His ambition is to play the part of Hamlet.
4. scoring combination (in mahjong, card games, etc.); meld; hand; yaku
1. approximately; about
2. promise; appointment; engagement
3. shortening; reduction; simplification
4. contraction (in phonetics)Linguistics, See also 約音
1. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 焼く やく
1. (wild) yak (Bos mutus)
2. (domestic) yak (Bos grunniens)
3. YakThe yak, Bos grunniens or Bos mutus, is a long-haired bov... Read more
Common word Links
1. benefit; use; good; advantage; gain
- No pain, no gain.
2. profit; gains
益 【やく】、益 【よう】
1. part; assigning (allotment of) parts; role; duties
2. RoleA role or a social role is a set of connected behaviours,... Read more
役割り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. government office; public office
2. Seat of local governmentIn local government, a city hall, town hall or (more rare... Read more
1. promise; agreement; arrangement; one's word; contract; pact; appointment; engagement; date
- あたま 。
- Jim's angry because his date for the movie stood him up and he wasted an hour waiting for her in the rain.
2. convention; rule
3. destiny; fate
1. to be helpful; to be useful
役にたつ 【やくにたつ】、やくに立つ 【やくにたつ】
1. government official
1. actor; actressSee also 俳優
2. man of wits; clever person; cunning fellow
Details ▸More Words >