Words — 154 found
1. difference; variation
1. distinction; differentiation; discrimination
2. discrimination (against people)
3. DiscriminationDiscrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individ... Read more
差別 【しゃべつ】、差別 【しゃべち】
しゃべつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しゃべち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to shineSee also 射す
- He went on walking in the rain without an umbrella.
2. to be visible
- Expressions and smiles change like that just from applying rouge and lipstick.
3. to be tinged with
4. to rise (of water levels); to flow in
6. to hold up (an umbrella, etc.); to put up; to raise
7. to extend one's arm straight ahead (in dance)See also 指す
8. to insert; to put inSee also 挿す
9. to wear (a sword) in one's belt; to wear at one's side; to carry under one's armSee also 挿す
10. to insert one's arm under an opponent's armSumo term
11. to pole (a boat)See also 刺す
12. to pour; to add (liquid); to serve (drinks)See also 注す
13. to put on (lipstick, etc.); to apply; to colour; to dye
14. to light (a fire); to burn
15. to shut; to close; to lock; to fastenSee also 鎖す さす
16. to stop in the midst of; to leave undoneSee also 止す さす, after the -masu stem of a verb
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. difference; disparity; gap
2. Difference (philosophy)Difference is a key concept of continental philosophy, de... Read more
1. to give; to offerHumble (kenjougo)
- "Can I help you?" "No, thank you. I'm just looking around."
2. to lift up; to hold up; to raiseHumble (kenjougo)
- さしあ 。
- He held the trophy up high.
差上げる 【さしあげる】、さし上げる 【さしあげる】
差上げる: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. hindrance; impediment
差支え 【さしつかえ】、差閊 【さしつかえ】、差閊え 【さしつかえ】
差閊: Irregular kanji usage. 差閊え: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to present; to submit; to tender; to hold out
差出す 【さしだす】、さし出す 【さしだす】、差しだす 【さしだす】
1. to come near; to approach
- It began to rain as we came near the pass.
2. to be on the verge of; to be about to
- The negotiations are at a very delicate stage.
3. to overhang; to hang over
差しかかる 【さしかかる】、差し掛る 【さしかかる】
1. to interfere; to hinder; to become impeded
1. to deduct; to take away; to dock
2. to make allowances for something; to bear something in mind
3. to ebb and flow
Common word Links
1. to hold out; to extend (e.g. one's hands); to stretch; to reach out for
2. to thrust (javelin)
3. to offer (e.g. aid, help, etc.)See also 手を差し伸べる
- I'll offer him what help I can.
差し延べる 【さしのべる】、差伸べる 【さしのべる】、差延べる 【さしのべる】
1. to insert; to put in; to thrust in; to plug inSee also 挿し込む さしこむ
- And yet the large blocks of stone are fitted together so closely that you cannot put in the point of a knife between them.
2. to have a griping pain
3. to flow in; to shine inSee also 射し込む
- さしこ 。
- The sunshine penetrated the thick leaves of the trees.
差込む 【さしこむ】、差しこむ 【さしこむ】
1. to be urgent; to be pressing; to be imminent
さし迫る 【さしせまる】、差迫る 【さしせまる】
差迫る: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. deduction; subtraction; balance
2. ebb and flow; rise and fall
差引き 【さしひき】、差引 【さしひき】
差引: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to insert
2. to interrupt; to slip in a word
- "Ah, that's true," Susan puts in, "I just wanted to call to ..."
3. to harbor (e.g. doubts); to harbour; to entertain (e.g. a theory)
- That leaves no room for doubt.
挟む 【さしはさむ】、差し挾む 【さしはさむ】
1. (having) no objection; allowableSee also 差し支える