Words — 174 found
1. profit; gains
- たいせつ 。
- Ichiro puts friendship above profit.
2. benefit; advantage; interest (of the public, etc.)
- Read books that are worthwhile.
3. grace (of God, Buddha, etc.) (esp. as attained through rightful actions, prayer, adherence to one's faith, etc.); blessing; miracleOnly applies to りやく
4. Profit (economics)In economics, the term profit has two related but distinc... Read more
1. interest (on a loan, deposit, etc.)
2. InterestInterest is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the own... Read more
1. to be effective; to take effect; to be good (for)See also 薬が効く, usu. 効く
- き 。
- These pills act on the heart.
2. to work; to function wellSee also 目が利く, usu. 利く for body senses, functions, etc.
- How dare you speak to me like that?
3. to be possible (to do, use, etc.); to be able toSee also 割引が効く
- My credit is good for 50,000 yen.
4. to taste (alcohol); to trySee also 聞く
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. clever; intelligent; wise; bright; sharp; sensible; smart; shrewd
2. well-behaved (esp. children and pets); obedient; goodSee also お利口, usu. as お利口
3. good (with words)Archaism
俐巧 【りこう】、悧巧 【りこう】、利巧 【りこう】
1. effect; virtue; efficacy; impression
2. one's dominant eyeOnly applies to 利き目, Only applies to きき眼, Only applies to 利目
利き目 【ききめ】、きき眼 【ききめ】、効目 【ききめ】、利目 【ききめ】
1. egoism; egotism; selfishness
2. SelfishnessSelfishness is placing concern with oneself or one's own ... Read more
1. to season (with salt, etc.); to bring out taste
2. to use; to exercise; to displaySee also 気を利かせる きをきかせる