Words — 521 found
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, party, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computing
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food, cooking, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. to drive in (e.g. nail, stake); to hammer in
- うちこ 。
- He hammered nails into the plank.
2. to hit (a ball, etc.); to drive; to smash
3. to fire into (e.g. a crowd); to launch (e.g. missiles); to lob (e.g. grenades)See also 撃ち込む
4. to input (data); to enter
- でんげんをい 、
- たちあ 、
- うちこ 。
- I switch on my laptop, start up the browser, and type in the address I've already learnt by heart.
5. to devote oneself to; to go heart and soul into; to throw oneself into; to go head over heels for
- うちこ 。
- He applied himself to the task.
6. to practice hitting (baseball, tennis, etc.)Sports
7. to hit (an opponent in kendo, boxing, etc.); to get a blow inMartial arts
8. to invade one's opponent's territory (in the game of go); to place a stone in an opponent's formation
9. to pour (concrete, etc.) into a form
打ちこむ 【うちこむ】、打込む 【うちこむ】、うち込む 【うちこむ】
1. going ahead; going first
2. preceding; coming before; being ahead (e.g. of the times); occurring first; happening prior
- The flash of lightning precedes the sound of thunder.
3. scoring first; getting off to a leadSports
4. stalkerHorse racing
1. overcoatAbbreviation, See also オーバーコート
- Do you mean to do without an overcoat?
2. exceeding; going over; going beyond
- This bag is 4 kilograms overweight.
3. exaggerated; over the top; overdrawn; overreaction
4. over parSports, Abbreviation, See also オーバーパー
5. overexposureAntonym: アンダー
6. Oba (Canada)
1. service; help; assistance; care; concern
- よ 。
- That store gives good service.
2. discount; discounted item
3. free service; freebie; gift
4. service; utility; amenity; resource
- This service is temporarily out of order.
5. (after-sales) service; servicing; (product) maintenance
- We wanted to explain the recent service failure.
6. service (e.g. in tennis); serveSports, See also サーブ
7. Service (economics)In economics, a service is an intangible commodity. More ... Read more
1. out (of a ball, in tennis, etc.); outside the lineSports, See also イン
- The first batter was caught out.
2. out; putoutBaseball, See also セーフ
3. outer; external; outsideSee also イン
4. exit; exit hereon (parking) exit signs
5. front nine (golf)Sports, See also イン
6. no good; unacceptable; out of line; over; finished; disqualifiedAntonym: セーフ
1. passing (a test, examination, etc.)
- It is no wonder that he passed the examination.
2. pass (for admission, transport, etc.); ticket
- も 。
- I've got a pass for the swimming pool.
3. pass (of a ball)Sports
- Pass the ball quickly to a person behind you.
4. (giving something a) pass; skipping (one's turn)
5. path (file, directory, graphics)Computing
- Here we explain about creating outlines of characters and paths.
1. marathon; long-distance raceSports
2. MarathonThe marathon is a long-distance running event with an off... Read more
1. tip; gratuity
- ほう 。
- You'd better remember that tipping is necessary in the USA.
2. chip; microchip
- John Tel is expected to delay the release of its chip set until August.
3. poker chip
4. chip (shot)Sports
1. front (aspect, weather, war-front, etc.)
- にど 、
- The front-roller thrust angle is 2 degrees, probably there were plans to strengthen that angle a little when racing.
2. reception (e.g. in a hotel); front desk
- Please check your valuables at the front desk.
3. front office; team managementSports
1. going down; fall; decrease; drop
2. knocking down (in boxing); flooring; being knocked down; being floored
3. being out of action (due to illness, exhaustion, etc.); being down (e.g. with a cold); being knocked out (from alcohol); being out of it; collapsing
- She came down with a cold.
4. going down (of a computer system, server, etc.); crashingComputing
- I can't check my mail. The server is down.
5. (number of) outsBaseball
6. being down (in points, games, etc.); behind behind; trailingSports
7. down (American football)Sports
8. down (feathers)
1. goal; basket (basketball); finishing line; winning postSports
2. GaulSee also ガリア
3. Gol; Gall; Gaul; Gohl; Gorr
1. game under lights (e.g. baseball); night gameSports, Wasei, word made in Japan, From English “nighter”. Wasei (word made in Japan)
2. Night gameA night game is a sporting event that takes place, comple... Read more
2. backing; going backwards; reversing
3. background; backdrop; background colour (color)
5. backer; supporter
7. backstroke (swimming)
8. doggy style (sexual position)Slang
1. season (period in which regulated games are played)Sports
- はじ 。
- The baseball season opens before long.
2. season (division of the year)
- Strawberries are in season now.
3. season (of a TV show, etc.)
- み 。
- I watched the 4th season of X-files.
4. season (for doing something, e.g. ski season, entrance examination season)
1. doubleSee also シングル, sometimes written as "Ｗ"
2. double bed; hotel room with a double bedAbbreviation, See also ダブルベッド
3. double-breastedAbbreviation, See also ダブルブレスト
5. double width (of cloth; usu. 1.42 meters)Abbreviation, See also ダブル幅
6. doubles (e.g. in tennis)Sports, Abbreviation, See also ダブルス
7. biracial person (esp. half-Japanese); person of mixed parentageSee also ハーフ, alternative to ハーフ
1. commander-in-chief; supreme commander
2. captain (of a team)Sports
- He was made captain of the team.
1. complete defeat; losing all of one's matches; finishing the tournament with no winsSports