Words — 288 found
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computer terminology
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food term, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports term, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. to drive in (e.g. nail, stake); to hammer in
- うちこ 。
- He hammered nails into the plank.
2. to hit (a ball, etc.); to drive; to smash
3. to fire into (e.g. a crowd); to launch (e.g. missiles); to lob (e.g. grenades)See also 撃ち込む
4. to input (data); to enter
- でんげんをい 、
- たちあ 、
- うちこ 。
- I switch on my laptop, start up the browser, and type in the address I've already learnt by heart.
5. to devote oneself to; to go heart and soul into; to throw oneself into; to go head over heels for
- うちこ 。
- He applied himself to the task.
6. to practice hitting (baseball, tennis, etc.)Sports term
7. to hit (an opponent in kendo, boxing, etc.); to get a blow inMartial arts term
8. to invade one's opponent's territory (in the game of go); to place a stone in an opponent's formation
9. to pour (concrete, etc.) into a form
打ちこむ 【うちこむ】、打込む 【うちこむ】、うち込む 【うちこむ】
1. overcoatAbbreviation, See also オーバーコート
- Do you mean to do without an overcoat?
2. exceeding; going over; going beyond
- This bag is 4 kilograms overweight.
3. exaggerated; over the top; overdrawn; overreaction
4. over parSports term, Abbreviation, See also オーバーパー
5. overexposureAntonym: アンダー
6. Oba (Canada)
1. service; help; assistance; care; concern
- よ 。
- That store gives good service.
2. discount; freebie; free gift
- We wanted to explain the recent service failure.
3. (after-sales) service; servicing; (product) maintenance
4. service (e.g. in tennis); serveSports term, See also サーブ
5. Service (economics)In economics, a service is an intangible commodity. More ... Read more
1. out (in baseball, tennis, etc.)Sports term
2. outer; external; outside
3. no good; out of line; unacceptable; failure
2. pass (e.g. skipping a move, passing an examination, ticket to allow entry, etc.)
- It is no wonder that he passed the examination.
3. passSports term
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. front (aspect, weather, war-front, etc.)
- にど 、
- The front-roller thrust angle is 2 degrees, probably there were plans to strengthen that angle a little when racing.
2. reception (hotel, etc.); front desk
- Please check your valuables at the front desk.
3. front office; team managementSports term
1. goal; basket (basketball); finishing line; winning postSports term
2. GaulSee also ガリア
3. Gol; Gall; Gaul; Gohl; Gorr
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. backing; going backwards; reversing
3. background; background colour (color)
4. backhandSports term
5. backer; supporter
7. backstroke (swimming)
8. doggy style (sexual position)Slang
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. doubleSee also シングル, sometimes written as "Ｗ"
2. double bed; hotel room with a double bedAbbreviation, See also ダブルベッド
3. double-breastedAbbreviation, See also ダブルブレスト
5. double width (of cloth; usu. 1.42 meters)Abbreviation, See also ダブル幅
6. doubles (e.g. in tennis)Sports term, Abbreviation, See also ダブルス
7. biracial person (esp. half-Japanese); person of mixed parentageSee also ハーフ, alternative to ハーフ
1. complete defeat; losing all of one's matches; finishing the tournament with no winsSports term
1. singleSee also ダブル
- いっぱく ５０
- We have a single for 50 dollars per night.
2. single bed; hotel room with a single bedAbbreviation, See also シングルベッド
5. single width (of cloth; usu. 0.71 meters)Abbreviation, See also シングル幅
6. singles (e.g. in tennis)Sports term, Abbreviation, See also シングルス
7. singleBaseball term, Abbreviation, See also シングルヒット
8. single-figure handicap (in golf)Sports term, See also シングルプレーヤー
10. Single (music)In music, a single or record single is a type of release,... Read more
1. period; dot character
- かんたんふ （!）、
- ぎもんふ （?）、
- お 。
- When writing a sentence, generally you start with a capital letter and finish with a period (.), an exclamation mark (!), or a question mark (?).
2. period (era, amount of time)
3. periodSports term
1. serverComputer terminology
2. (cake) server
3. (water) dispenser
4. server (tennis, volleyball, etc.)Sports term
5. Server (computing)In the context of client-server architecture, a server is... Read more
- This ring is a magic item that gives great power to its user.
2. Magic Marker; felt-tip pen; permanent markerAbbreviation, See also マジックインキ
- も ？
- I need red and black markers or felt-tip pens. Do you have any?
3. magic numberSports term, Abbreviation, See also マジックナンバー
1. half time; halftimeSports term
2. Half-timeIn some team sports such as association football and rugb... Read more