Words — 156696 found
3. SchoolA school is an institution designed for the teaching of s... Read more
學校: Out-dated kanji.
1. river; streamOnly applies to かわ
- なが 。
- This river is three times longer than that one.
2. the .... river; (suffix used with the names of rivers)
- Which is longer, the Shinano River or the Agano River?
4. RiverA river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flo... Read more
川 【がわ】、河 【かわ】、河 【がわ】
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. spectacles; glasses
2. judgement; discrimination; discernment; insightOnly applies to めがね
4. GlassesGlasses, also known as eyeglasses (formal), spectacles or... Read more
1. tobacco; cigarette; cigaret; cigarUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “tabaco”
2. tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)Usually written using kana alone
4. TobaccoTobacco is an agricultural product processed from the lea... Read more
莨 【たばこ】、烟草 【たばこ】、煙草 【えんそう】、煙草 【けぶりぐさ】、煙草 【けむりぐさ】、烟草 【えんそう】、烟草 【けぶりぐさ】、烟草 【けむりぐさ】、タバコ
たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperOnly applies to 赤, See also 銅 どう
9. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
1. work; job; business; occupation; employment; vocation; task
- おも 」「
- "I believe you like your job" "On the contrary, I hate it".
2. workPhysics terminology
1. English (language)
2. English languageEnglish is a West Germanic language spoken originally in ... Read more
1. question (e.g. on a test); problem
2. problem (e.g. societal, political); question; issue; subject (e.g. of research); case; matter
3. question (i.e. doubt)
4. public discussion; controversy
5. trouble; problem; inconvenience; difficulty
6. ProblemA problem is an obstacle, impediment, difficulty or chall... Read more
1. child; children
2. ChildBiologically, a child is generally a human between the st... Read more
子ども 【こども】、小供 【こども】
小供: Irregular kanji usage.
- みつけ 。
- We can always find time for reading.
- まいにち ３
- べんきょう 。
- He is a diligent student. He studies three hours every day.
3. TimeTime is the indefinite continued progress of existence an... Read more
2. RainRain is liquid water in the form of droplets that have co... Read more
1. teacher; master; doctorHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. with names of teachers, etc. as an honorificHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. previous existenceArchaism, Only applies to せんじょう, See also 前生
4. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
せんじょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- January is the first month of the year.
2. age; years
- Might I ask your age?
3. past one's prime; old age
4. YearA year is the orbital period of the Earth moving around t... Read more
2. Letter (message)A letter is a written message containing information from... Read more
1. water (esp. cool, fresh water, e.g. drinking water)See also 湯 ゆ, み is generally used in compounds
2. fluid (esp. in an animal tissue); liquid
3. flood; floodwaters
4. water offered to wrestlers just prior to a boutSumo term, Only applies to みず, See also 力水
5. break granted to wrestlers engaged in a prolonged boutSumo term, Only applies to みず, See also 水入り
6. WaterWater is a chemical substance with the chemical formula H... Read more
1. illness; disease; sickness
2. DiseaseA disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of ... Read more