Words — 154610 found
- This school has many students.
3. SchoolA school is an institution designed for the teaching of s... Read more
學校: Out-dated kanji.
1. river; streamOnly applies to かわ
- なが 。
- This river is three times longer than that one.
2. the .... river; (suffix used with the names of rivers)
- Which is longer, the Shinano River or the Agano River?
4. RiverA river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flo... Read more
川 【がわ】、河 【かわ】、河 【がわ】
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. spectacles; glasses
2. judgement; discrimination; discernment; insightOnly applies to めがね
4. GlassesGlasses, also known as eyeglasses (formal), spectacles or... Read more
1. tobacco; cigarette; cigaret; cigarUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “tabaco”
2. tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)Usually written using kana alone
4. TobaccoTobacco is an agricultural product processed from the lea... Read more
莨 【たばこ】、烟草 【たばこ】、煙草 【えんそう】、煙草 【けぶりぐさ】、煙草 【けむりぐさ】、烟草 【えんそう】、烟草 【けぶりぐさ】、烟草 【けむりぐさ】、タバコ
たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red lightAbbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperOnly applies to 赤, See also 銅 どう
9. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
1. work; job; business; occupation; employment; vocation; task
- おも 」「
- "I believe you like your job" "On the contrary, I hate it".
2. workPhysics terminology
1. English (language)
- はな 。
- They speak English in America.
2. English languageEnglish is a West Germanic language spoken originally in ... Read more
1. question (e.g. on a test); problem
2. problem (e.g. societal, political); question; issue; subject (e.g. of research); case; matter
3. question (i.e. doubt)
4. public discussion; controversy
5. trouble; problem; inconvenience; difficulty
6. ProblemA problem is an obstacle, impediment, difficulty or chall... Read more
1. child; children
- How many children do you have?
2. ChildBiologically, a child is generally a human between the st... Read more
子ども 【こども】、小供 【こども】
小供: Irregular kanji usage.
- みつけ 。
- We can always find time for reading.
2. hours (period of)
- まいにち ３
- べんきょう 。
- He is a diligent student. He studies three hours every day.
3. TimeTime is the indefinite continued progress of existence an... Read more
- The rain damped their spirits.
2. RainRain is liquid water in the form of droplets that have co... Read more
1. teacher; master; doctorHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. with names of teachers, etc. as an honorificHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. previous existenceArchaism, Only applies to せんじょう, See also 前生
4. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
せんじょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- January is the first month of the year.
2. age; years
- Might I ask your age?
3. past one's prime; old age
4. YearA year is the orbital period of the Earth moving around t... Read more
- Here are some letters for you.
2. Letter (message)A letter is a written message containing information from... Read more
1. water (esp. cool, fresh water, e.g. drinking water)See also 湯 ゆ, み is generally used in compounds
2. fluid (esp. in an animal tissue); liquid
3. flood; floodwaters
4. water offered to wrestlers just prior to a boutSumo term, Only applies to みず, See also 力水
5. break granted to wrestlers engaged in a prolonged boutSumo term, Only applies to みず, See also 水入り
6. WaterWater is a chemical substance with the chemical formula H... Read more
1. illness; disease; sickness
- ねが 。
- I hope you'll get well soon.
2. DiseaseA disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of ... Read more