Words — 929 found
1. aroma; fragrance; scent; smell
2. Kaoru GenjiKaoru Genji is a fictional character in The Tale of Genji... Read more
薫り 【かおり】、馨り 【かおり】、香 【かおり】、薫 【かおり】
香: Irregular okurigana usage. 薫: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. part; assigning (allotment of) parts; role; duties
2. RoleA role or a social role is a set of connected behaviours,... Read more
役割り: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. date; dating
2. Calendar dateA date in a calendar is a reference to a particular day r... Read more
日付け 【ひづけ】、日附 【ひづけ】
日付け: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. all; everyone; everybodyUsually written using kana alone
- The people which were here have all gone.
2. everythingUsually written using kana alone
- All the dinner had been eaten before he came.
皆んな 【みんな】、皆 【みな】
皆んな: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. new; novel; fresh; recent; latest; up-to-date; modern
新らしい: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. talk; speech; chat; story; conversation
- I was lost in Sir Anthony's wonderful story.
2. discussions; negotiation; argument
- After three hours of discussion we got nowhere.
話し 【はなし】、咄 【はなし】、噺 【はなし】
話し: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. back; behind; rear
後: Irregular okurigana usage.
- かとおも 、
- No sooner has one typhoon passed than the next one approaches.
2. for one thingoften used in itemized lists
- For one thing, I am poor; for another, I am busy.
3. onlyafter a noun
4. (not) evenwith a verb in negative form
- うご 。
- He did not even raise an eyebrow at the news of his wife's death.
5. just (e.g. "just try it")
１つ 【ひとつ】、一 【ひとつ】
一: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. busy; occupied; hectic
2. restless; hurried; fidgetyOnly applies to せわしい
忙がしい 【いそがしい】、忙しい 【せわしい】
忙がしい: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. warm; mild; genial暖かい, 暖い usu. refer to air temperature
暖かい 【あったかい】、温かい 【あたたかい】、温かい 【あったかい】、暖い 【あたたかい】、暖い 【あったかい】
暖い: Irregular okurigana usage. 暖い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. togetherSee also 御一緒
2. at the same time
3. same; identical
一しょ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- はや 、
- You should call your mother as soon as possible.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in joruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- ほんげつ ２５
- こと 。
- Tuition fees must be paid not later than the 25th of this month.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
限り 【きり】、限 【きり】
限: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. few; a little; scarce; insufficient; seldom
少い 【すくない】、尠い 【すくない】、寡い 【すくない】
少い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. neighbor (neighbour); next to (esp. living next door to)
隣り 【となり】、鄰 【となり】
隣り: Irregular okurigana usage. 鄰: Out-dated kanji.
1. disagreeable; detestable; unpleasant; reluctant
厭 【いや】、厭や 【いや】、嫌 【や】、厭 【や】、イヤ
厭や: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. bright; colourful
- ひか 。
- The diamond shone brightly.
- The child captivates everyone with his sunny smile.
3. familiar (with); knowledgeable (about)as 〜に明るい
- You're pretty good with the lay of the land.
4. fair (e.g. politics); clean
明い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. that (indicating an item or person near the listener, the action of the listener, or something on their mind); itUsually written using kana alone, See also 何れ, See also 此れ, See also 彼 あれ
- お 、
- Should that happen, what will you do?
2. that time; then
- た 。
- That was when I was in the first year at high school, so 17 years have passed since then.
3. there (indicating a place near the listener)Archaism
其: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. previous; prior; former; first; earlier; some time ago; preceding
- This was he of whom I said, "He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."
2. point (e.g. pencil); tip; end; nozzle
- か 。
- I can't write with this dull pencil.
3. head (of a line); front
4. ahead; the other side
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
5. the future; hereafter
- み 。
- We could see the summit of a mountain twenty miles away.
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
7. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to sit; to squat
- すわ 、
- た 。
- Some students were sitting on the bench and having lunch.
2. to assume (a position)
3. to hold steady; to hold stillesp. 据わる, 据る
坐る 【すわる】、据わる 【すわる】、据る 【すわる】
据る: Irregular okurigana usage.
短かい: Irregular okurigana usage.