1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- はや 、
- You should call your mother as soon as possible.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in joruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- ほんげつ ２５
- こと 。
- Tuition fees must be paid not later than the 25th of this month.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
限り 【きり】、限 【きり】
限: Irregular okurigana usage.
Log in to talk about this word.