Words — 261 found
1. to take; to pick up; to grab; to catch
- You'd better eat everything that's on your plate.
2. to pass; to hand; to give
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
3. to get; to obtain; to acquire; to win; to receive; to earn; to take (e.g. a vacation)
- と 。
- He got full marks in mathematics.
4. to adopt (a method, proposal, etc.); to take (a measure, attitude, etc.); to choose
- The old man assumed an impudent attitude.
5. to remove; to get rid of; to take off
- Trim the fat off the meat.
6. to take away; to steal; to rob
7. to eat; to have (e.g. lunch); to take (e.g. vitamins)See also 摂る
- You should drink a lot of liquid.
8. to pick (e.g. flowers); to gather; to extract (e.g. juice); to catch (e.g. fish)
9. to take up (time, space); to occupy; to spare; to set aside
- と 。
- Business absorbs all his time.
10. to secure; to reserve; to save; to put aside; to keep
- Please save my place.
11. to take (e.g. a joke); to interpret; to understand; to make out; to grasp
12. to record; to take down
- The teacher stressed the importance of taking notes.
13. to subscribe to (e.g. a newspaper); to take; to buy; to get
- What magazines do you subscribe to?
14. to order; to have delivered
15. to charge; to fine; to take (tax)
16. to take (e.g. a wife); to take on (e.g. an apprentice); to adopt; to accept
17. to compete (in sumo, cards, etc.); to play
1. to take (a photo)esp. 撮る
2. to record (video, audio, etc.); to make (a film)esp. 録る
1. to adopt (method, proposal, etc.); to take (measure, course of action, etc.); to decide on
- In the midst of the dollar falling hard against the Yen and other major Eastern currencies the Chinese Yuan, with China effectively taking a 'dollar peg' policy, has become cheap.
2. to pick (e.g. flowers); to gather (e.g. mushrooms); to catch (e.g. insects)
3. to extract (e.g. juice); to take (e.g. a sample)
- Please leave a urine sample in this cup.
4. to assume (an attitude)
5. to take on (workers, students); to employ; to hire
6. to draw in (e.g. water); to let in (e.g. light from a window)
1. to take (trouble); to attend (to business); to command (army)
1. to be ...-ingequiv. of -ている indicating continuing action as a verb ending
1. torr (unit of pressure)
2. TorrThe torr is a non-SI unit of pressure with the ratio of 7... Read more
1. of little importance; trivial; worthless; valueless
2. Turkish peopleFor other uses of Turkish, see Turkish (disambiguation), ... Read more
1. torquePhysics terminology
2. TorqueTorque, moment or moment of force (see the terminology be... Read more
1. toluene; toluol
2. TolueneToluene, formerly known as toluol, is a clear, water-inso... Read more
1. without a moment's delay; leaving everything else unattended toUsually written using kana alone
取る物も取り敢えず 【とるものもとりあえず】、取るものも取りあえず 【とるものもとりあえず】