Words — 288 found
1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- I'll help you to the best of my ability.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
- Akira will stay in New York while his money lasts.
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in jōruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- かぎ 、
- You may take this book as long as you keep it clean.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
- かえ 。
- He went there, never to return.
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
- Though 38, he is still dependent on his parents.
限り 【きり】、切 【きり】、限 【きり】
切: Irregular okurigana usage. 限: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. infinity; infinitude; eternity
2. infinite; limitless
3. InfinityInfinity refers to something without any limit, and is a ... Read more
1. power; authority; jurisdiction
2. Ultra viresUltra vires is a Latin phrase meaning literally "beyond t... Read more
1. to restrict; to limit; to confine
2. to be restricted to; to be limited to; to be confined to
3. to be best (for); to be the best plan; to be the only way (to)as ...は...に限る
- かぎ 。
- There is nothing like cold beer on a hot day.
1. term; period; time frame
2. time limit; deadline; cutoff (date)See also 期限切れ
- All essays must be handed in on time.
1. limit; bounds
1. best-before date (on food); use-by date; expiry date; expiration date
2. Shelf lifeShelf life is the length of time that foods, beverages, p... Read more
1. maximumAntonym: 最小限
2. to the maximum degree; to the full
1. minimum; lowest; minimal; leastAntonym: 最大限
最少限: Irregular kanji usage.
1. (school) period
- What do you have the first period?
2. period or division of time; time limit
1. to give up on; to turn one's back (on); to abandon; to forsake; to dump (e.g. romantic partner)