Words — 238 found
1. to get up; to rise; to blaze up (fire)
- お 。
- I got up at about six.
2. to wake up; to be awake; to stay awake
- Is the kid still up?
3. to occur (usu. of unfavourable incidents); to happen; to take place
- お 、
- い 。
- "If there is an accident," he says, "they will know right away."
1. to raise; to raise up; to set up; to pick up
2. to wake; to wake up; to waken; to awaken
3. to cause; to bring about; to lead to; to trigger; to give rise to; to create; to generate (e.g. heat, electricity); to produceSee also 熾す おこす
4. to start; to begin; to launch; to establish; to found; to set up; to openSee also 興す おこす
5. to plough; to plow; to till
6. to fall ill with
7. to transcribe; to write down (what is spoken)
8. to turn over (a card)
1. to occur; to happen
1. to stand up; to get up
2. to rise
3. to recover
4. to take action; to start
5. to make the initial chargeSumo term
6. to start up; to boot upComputer terminology
立上がる 【たちあがる】、起ち上がる 【たちあがる】、立ちあがる 【たちあがる】
1. rising (from one's bed); getting up; getting out of bed
1. to cause; to induce; to bring about; to provoke
2. to pull upright; to help up (e.g. a fallen person)引き起こす, etc. only
引きおこす 【ひきおこす】、ひき起こす 【ひきおこす】、引き起す 【ひきおこす】、引起す 【ひきおこす】、引起こす 【ひきおこす】、ひき起す 【ひきおこす】、惹き起こす 【ひきおこす】、惹き起す 【ひきおこす】
1. omen; sign of luck
- きよ 。
- We sprinkle salt to ward off bad luck.
2. origin; history; causation
3. dependent arising; doctrine that everything has a cause and there is nothing that arises out of nothingBuddhist term, Abbreviation, See also 因縁生起, orig. meaning
4. PratītyasamutpādaThe doctrine of dependent origination or dependent arisin... Read more
いんえん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. raising (a question); bringing up (a problem); instituting (a lawsuit); filing (a claim); submitting (a case)
2. lifting upArchaism
1. to recall; to remember
思い起す 【おもいおこす】、思起す 【おもいおこす】
思起す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. appointment (to a position, job, etc.); being used for a role; promotion
1. revival from the brink of death; recovering from a hopeless situation; resuscitation; revitalizationYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. comeback; recovery; restoration; rally; reflexive (in grammar)
1. to rise; to erect; to get up
起きあがる 【おきあがる】、起き上る 【おきあがる】、起上がる 【おきあがる】、起上る 【おきあがる】