Words — 210 found
1. to run
- Look at that boy running.
2. to run (of a vehicle); to drive; to travel; to move; to sail
- はし 。
- This train runs between Tokyo and Osaka.
3. to rush (to); to dash; to race
- はし 。
- He made a dash for the bus.
4. to retreat; to flee; to defect (to)
5. to run away; to abscond; to elopeocc. 奔る
6. to flash (of lightning); to streak; to shoot (through; e.g. of pain); to run (through); to flare; to flit (e.g. across one's face); to spread quickly (of news, shock, etc.)
- はし 。
- A shiver ran down my spine.
7. to go (e.g. bad, to extremes); to become; to turn; to take to (e.g. crime); to get carried away by (e.g. one's emotions); to get involved in; to get wrapped up inas 〜に走る; occ. 趨る
- Some children resort to suicide in order to escape from unbearable pressure.
8. to run (through; of a road, street, etc.); to extend (e.g. of a mountain range); to stretch; to lie
- はし 。
- The road wound through the fields.
9. RunningRunning is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing hum... Read more
奔る 【はしる】、趨る 【はしる】
1. running (of a car, bus, etc.); traveling; travelling
- ごえんりょくだ ！
- Please don't lean out of the window when we're moving.
2. running (of a program)Computing
2. base runnerBaseball
3. BaserunningIn baseball, baserunning is the act of running around the... Read more
2. RacingA sport race is a competition of speed, against an object... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. feast; treating (someone)Polite (teineigo) language, See also 馳走
- た 。
- Last week I was treated to dinner by my friend who'd won at pachinko. It was all-you-can-eat so I ate to my heart's content.
2. to treat (someone, e.g. to a meal)
- Can I buy you a drink?
2. RunwayAccording to ICAO a runway is a "defined rectangular area... Read more
1. to begin to run; to start running; to break into a run
1. escape; flight; breakout; fleeing; desertion
3. first (harvest) of the season
4. beginning; start
5. kitchen sinkColloquialism
1. running alone; running solo
2. having a large lead (over the others); being far ahead (of everyone else)
3. having one's own way; ignoring others' opinions and acting as one wishes; arbitrary action
1. finishing (a race); running the whole distance; reaching the goal; staying the course
1. acting rashly; running wildly; behaving recklessly; reckless driving; rampage
2. runaway (process)Engineering
3. reckless baserunningBaseball
1. gliding; sliding; skating (on ice); glide; slide
2. taxiing (aircraft); making a takeoff run
1. to run around