Words — 185 found
1. business suitperhaps from "civil clothes" or "Savile Row"
2. Suit (clothing)For other garments (protective, etc) sometimes called sui... Read more
背広: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 脊広: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. back (of body)
2. Human backThe human back is the large posterior area of the human b... Read more
1. back; spine
- ま 。
- Jane was waiting with her back against the tree.
2. reverse; rear side
- た 。
- He stood with his back to the wall.
3. height; stature
- Tom is as tall as Jack.
4. ridge (of a mountain)
1. to carry on one's back
2. to be burdened with; to take responsibility for
3. to have (something) in the background; to be in front (of something)
4. to be conceited; to think highly of oneselfOnly applies to しょう, See also しょってる, in the form しょってる
背負う 【しょう】、脊負う 【せおう】、脊負う 【しょう】
脊負う: Irregular kanji usage. 脊負う: Irregular kanji usage.
1. background; scenery; backdrop; setting
2. background (of an incident, situation, etc.); circumstances; context
3. backing; support (from behind the scenes)
1. back; rear
2. background; behind the scenes
1. to run counter to; to go against; to disobey; to infringe
1. backstroke (swim.)
2. BackstrokeThe backstroke, also sometimes called the "back crawl", "... Read more
1. number on back of player's shirt; uniform number; shirt number
2. Number (sports)In team sports, the number, often referred to as the unif... Read more
1. bent back; hunchback; stoop
2. KyphosisKyphosis (from Greek - kyphos, a hump), also called round... Read more
1. spine; line of the backbone
- The sight sent chills of delight up my spine.
2. seam down the back (of clothing)
1. standing on tiptoe and stretching one's back to make oneself taller; stretching oneself
2. overreaching oneself; overstretching oneself; trying to do something beyond one's ability; pushing to the limit
背のび 【せのび】、背延び 【せのび】
Details ▸More Words >