Words — 81 found
- て 。
2. reverse; rear side; back (e.g. of a chair); spine (of a book)
- た 。
3. height; stature
4. ridge (of a mountain)
1. business suitposs. from "civil clothes" or "Savile Row"
2. Suit (clothing)For other garments (protective, etc) sometimes called sui... Read more
背広: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 脊広: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. back (of the body)
2. Human backThe human back is the large posterior area of the human b... Read more
1. to carry on one's back
2. to be burdened with; to take responsibility for
3. to have (something) in the background; to be in front (of something)
4. to be conceited; to think highly of oneselfOnly applies to しょう, See also しょってる, in the form しょってる
背負う 【しょう】、脊負う 【せおう】、脊負う 【しょう】
脊負う: Irregular kanji usage. 脊負う: Irregular kanji usage.
1. backstroke (swimming)
2. BackstrokeThe backstroke, also sometimes called the "back crawl", "... Read more
1. number on back of player's shirt; uniform number; shirt number
2. Number (sports)In team sports, the number, often referred to as the unif... Read more
1. spine; line of the backbone
2. seam down the back (of clothing)
1. spine; backbone; spinal column
脊骨: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. standing on tiptoe and stretching one's back to make oneself taller; stretching oneself
2. overreaching oneself; overstretching oneself; trying to do something beyond one's ability; pushing to the limit
背伸び 【せいのび】、背のび 【せのび】、背のび 【せいのび】、背延び 【せのび】、背延び 【せいのび】
背延び: Rarely-used kanji form. 背延び: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to straighten up one's back (e.g. stand up straight, sit up straight); to hold one's head high
1. to have one's feet reach the bottom (e.g. when standing in water)
- ふか 、
- せがた 。