Words — 75 found
1. back; spine
- ま 。
- Jane was waiting with her back against the tree.
2. reverse; rear side
- た 。
- He stood with his back to the wall.
3. height; stature
- Tom is as tall as Jack.
4. ridge (of a mountain)
1. business suitperhaps from "civil clothes" or "Savile Row"
2. Suit (clothing)For other garments (protective, etc) sometimes called sui... Read more
背広: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 脊広: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. back (of body)
2. Human backThe human back is the large posterior area of the human b... Read more
1. to carry on one's back
2. to be burdened with; to take responsibility for
3. to have (something) in the background; to be in front (of something)
4. to be conceited; to think highly of oneselfOnly applies to しょう, See also しょってる, in the form しょってる
背負う 【しょう】、脊負う 【せおう】、脊負う 【しょう】
脊負う: Irregular kanji usage. 脊負う: Irregular kanji usage.
1. backstroke (swim.)
2. BackstrokeThe backstroke, also sometimes called the "back crawl", "... Read more
1. number on back of player's shirt; uniform number; shirt number
2. Number (sports)In team sports, the number, often referred to as the unif... Read more
1. spine; line of the backbone
- The sight sent chills of delight up my spine.
2. seam down the back (of clothing)
1. standing on tiptoe and stretching one's back to make oneself taller; stretching oneself
2. overreaching oneself; overstretching oneself; trying to do something beyond one's ability; pushing to the limit
背のび 【せのび】、背延び 【せのび】
1. to straighten up one's back (e.g. stand up straight, sit up straight); to hold one's head high
1. to have one's feet reach the bottom (e.g. when standing in water)
- ふか 、
- せがた 。
- The water there was so deep that I could not touch bottom.