Words — 230 found
1. to end; to come to an end; to close; to finish
終る 【おわる】、了る 【おわる】、卒る 【おわる】、畢る 【おわる】、竟る 【おわる】
了る: Rarely-used kanji form. 卒る: Rarely-used kanji form. 畢る: Rarely-used kanji form. 竟る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. end; ending; close; conclusion
2. end of (one's) life; death
終り 【おわり】、終 【おわり】
終: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to finishOnly applies to 終える, Only applies to 了える
2. to graduate
了える 【おえる】、卒える 【おえる】
1. last; final; closing
2. last train (bus, flight, etc.; of the day)
1. to finish; to stop; to end; to put an end to; to bring to a closeUsually written using kana alone
- I will call you when I have done my shopping.
2. to close (a business, etc.); to close down; to shut down; to shut upUsually written using kana alone
3. to put away; to put back; to keep; to storeUsually written using kana alone
- Put away your books and notebooks.
4. to do completely; to finishUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- もど 。
- What is done cannot be undone.
5. to do accidentally; to do without meaning to; to happen to doUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
終う 【しまう】、了う 【しまう】、蔵う 【しまう】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. finally; at lastUsually written using kana alone
- Finally, the sick, tired men reached the mountain town where he was waiting.
2. in the end; after all; never (happened)Usually written using kana alone, with neg. verb
終に 【ついに】、竟に 【ついに】
1. end; close; termination
1. terminus; last stop (e.g. train)
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. continuously; from beginning to end; from first to last
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. beginning and end
- I wore several hats at my last office so I'd like to specialize this time.
2. doing something from beginning to end; being unchanged from beginning to end
- かた 。
- The private detectives accompanied the President everywhere.
3. from beginning to end; the whole time; throughout; consistently
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. all day; for a whole day
終日 【ひねもす】、終日 【ひめもす】、終日 【ひもすがら】
1. full stop; period
2. endSee also 終止符を打つ
- とき 、
- Years of resistance to misfortune ended when the settlers' village was overcome by the savages and their hopes and lives came to the bitter end.
3. Full stopA full stop (. ) or period is the punctuation mark common... Read more
1. end; close; conclusion
2. end of a game of go, shogi, etc.
1. the end; closing; being done forUsually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, See also 仕舞い
2. that's it; that's enough; that's allUsually written using kana alone
お終い 【おしまい】、御仕舞い 【おしまい】、御終い 【おしまい】、お仕舞 【おしまい】、御仕舞 【おしまい】
Details ▸More Words >