Words — 160 found
1. fire; flame; blaze
2. FireFire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exotherm... Read more
2. FireworksFireworks are a class of explosive pyrotechnic devices us... Read more
煙火: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. eruption; volcanic eruption
2. Vulcanian eruptionThe term Vulcanian was first used by Giuseppe Mercalli, w... Read more
1. light; illumination; glow; gleamOnly applies to 明かり, Only applies to 明り
- You'll strain your eyes trying to read in this light.
2. lamp; lightSee also 明かりを消す
- くだ 。
- Turn on the light, please.
明り 【あかり】、灯り 【あかり】、灯 【あかり】、灯かり 【あかり】、灯火 【あかり】
灯火: Irregular kanji usage.
1. fire prevention; fire fighting; fire proof
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. light; lamp
2. CandlepowerCandlepower (abbreviated as cp) is a now-obsolete unit wh... Read more
JLPT N1 Links
1. open-air fire (e.g. for garden refuse); bonfire
- まわ 。
- We danced about the fire.
2. open fire (e.g. in a kitchen)
3. BonfireA bonfire is a controlled outdoor fire used for informal ... Read more
たき火 【たきび】、焚火 【たきび】
1. sacred fire; sacred flame
2. Olympic flame; Olympic torchSee also オリンピック聖火
- I also heard that it'd been awful around the Olympic Flame.