Words — 296 found
1. consumption; expenditure
2. Consumption (economics)Consumption is a common concept in economics, and gives r... Read more
1. to erase; to delete; to cross out
- You should cross out any word you don't need.
2. to turn off (power); to switch off
- わす 。
- Don't forget to turn the light off.
3. to extinguish; to put out
- Be sure to put out the fire before you leave.
4. to bump offSlang
- I have orders to waste you.
1. to disappear; to vanish; to go out of sight; to go away; to become lost
- A lot of insects vanished overnight.
2. to go out (of a fire, light, etc.); to die; to turn off (e.g. of a TV screen)
- とつぜん 、
- き 。
- All at once the lights went out.
3. to fade (of a feeling, impression, etc.); to vanish (e.g. of hope)
- き 。
- As time went on, our hopes sank.
4. to go away (e.g. of a smell, itchiness, sleepiness); to disappear; to fade away (e.g. of footsteps)
- The music faded away.
5. to wear away (e.g. of an inscription); to rub out (of writing); to fade (e.g. of ink)
- Will you please use indelible ink so the phrase won't rub out?
6. to be lost (e.g. of a tradition); to die out; to disappear
- Fashions grow old and die.
1. digestion (of food)
2. digestion (of information); assimilation; thorough understanding
3. consumption; absorption; using up; meeting (e.g. a quota); completion
4. losing one's form and turning into something elseArchaism, orig. meaning
5. DigestionDigestion is the mechanical and chemical breakdown of foo... Read more
1. fire station
2. Fire stationFire station in Kostroma, Russia (1823-26) Fire station i... Read more
1. to cancel; to withdraw; to retract; to take back (words, etc.); to revoke
1. exhaustion; consumption; using up; dissipation; waste
1. eraser; rubber
2. EraserAn eraser or rubber (UK, Newfoundland, Ireland, Australia... Read more
消ゴム: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. news (from someone); letter; contact
2. (someone's) whereabouts; (someone's) movements
しょうそこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. ConsumerA consumer is a person or group of people that are the fi... Read more
1. consumption tax (incl. sales tax, VAT, excise duty, etc.)
2. Value added taxA value added tax (VAT) is a form of consumption tax. Fro... Read more
1. firefighter; fireman
2. FirefighterFirefighters (historically firemen) are rescuers extensiv... Read more
1. disinfection; sterilization; sterilisation
2. DisinfectantDisinfectants are substances that are applied to non-livi... Read more
1. cancellation; liquidation; resolution; reduction (e.g. of stress)
1. extinction; extinguishment; disappearance; vanishing; termination; lapse
- The tiger is a vanishing species.
1. writing off (a debt); cancellation; balancing the books
- We had to write off the debt.
2. cancelling out (gains or losses); making even; making up (for); offsetting; undoing; wiping out
- Hours lost on the ground cancel out the advantage of speed in the air.