Words — 64 found
1. to hit; to strike; to knock; to beat; to punch; to slap; to tap; to bang; to clap; to pound
- う 。
- I fell down the stairs and hit my back very hard.
2. to strike (noon, etc.); to sound (cymbals, etc.); to beat (a drum, etc.)
- It has just struck eight, hasn't it?
3. to beat (rhythmically, e.g. pulse, waves, etc.)
- う 。
- The rain whipped against the window.
4. to move; to impress; to touch
- We were awed into silence when we heard the story.
5. to drive in; to hammer in; to put in; to inject; to vaccinate
6. to type; to send; to transmit
- はや 。
- The new secretary types faster than the old one.
7. to insert; to write in; to mark
8. to make (noodles, etc.); to prepare
9. to till (soil)
10. to sprinkle; to throw; to cast
11. to do; to carry out; to play; to perform; to engage in (gambling, etc.)
- I was hitting the slots, and before I knew it, it's this time already.
12. to pay (a deposit, etc.)
13. to visit (on a pilgrimage)
14. to line (a coat)
15. to bind (a criminal)
拍つ 【うつ】、搏つ 【うつ】、撲つ 【うつ】、擣つ 【うつ】
拍つ: Rarely-used kanji form. 搏つ: Rarely-used kanji form. 撲つ: Rarely-used kanji form. 擣つ: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to strike; to hit; to beat; to punch
擲る 【なぐる】、撲る 【なぐる】
1. to hit (a person); to strike; to beatUsually written using kana alone
2. to deliver (a speech); to give (an address)Usually written using kana alone
撃つ 【ぶつ】、撲つ 【ぶつ】
1. eradication; extermination; destruction; suppression
1. wrestling in which both wrestlers grasp the other's belt with both handsSumo
1. fighting windmills; tilting at windmills
2. mimicking a wrestling match by oneself (as a form of street performance, etc.)Historical term
独り相撲 【ひとりずもう】、ひとり相撲 【ひとりずもう】
1. thumb wrestling
2. Thumb warA thumb war or thumb wrestling is a children's game playe... Read more
2. Heya (sumo)In sumo wrestling, a heya (部屋) or sumo beya, usually tran... Read more
1. wrestling performed in the presence of the empress or crown princeSumo