Words — 316 found
1. swing; shake; wave; swinging
2. appearance; behaviourUsually written using kana alone
- Learn wisdom from the faults of others.
3. pretence (pretense); show; pretending (to)Usually written using kana alone, See also 振りをする, oft. after a noun+の or verb in the dictionary form
- I affected not to understand what he was saying.
4. going to restaurant, hotel etc. without a reservation or introductionUsually written using kana alone
5. move (dance); postures
6. lead in (e.g. to a running joke, asking a question); lead upUsually written using kana alone, See also 前振り, oft. as フリ
7. unsewn part of a hanging sleeve on a traditional Japanese woman's garment
8. counter for swords, blades, etc.
9. not wearing underwear or pantsArchaism
10. WindWind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, win... Read more
1. to wave; to shake; to swing
- ふ 。
- I shook my head a few times.
2. to sprinkle; to throw (dice)
3. to cast (actor); to allocate (work)
4. to turn down (somebody); to reject; to jilt; to dump
- You were about to dump her flat out, weren't you?
5. to abandon; to give up; to ruin
6. to add kana indicating a reading of a wordSee also 振り仮名
7. to slightly change headings; to change directions
8. to extract by broiling; to prepare an infusion of; to decoct
9. to carry with great vigor (e.g. a portable shrine)
10. to bring up a topic; to lead to a topic
11. to replace; to substitute
12. to set up a joke for somebody else
1. to behave; to conduct oneself
- If you are a student, behave as such.
2. to entertain; to treat someone (to a drink); to make tea for someone (tea ceremony)
- She treated me to a cup of tea.
1. to shake; to jolt; to rock; to swing; to sway
- とつぜん 、
- The earthquake suddenly shook the buildings.
2. to shake (e.g. the political world); to disturb; to shock; to upset
- ゆさぶ 。
- A strong yen is shaking the economy.
3. to put off a batter (by varying one's type of pitch)Baseball term
1. shaking (something) out
- I will be back to square one and have to take the classes over.
2. starting point; beginning; outset
3. drawing (e.g. of a bill); issue; draft
4. throw (of dice)
5. infusion (remedy)Abbreviation, See also 振り出し薬
6. shaker (e.g. saltshaker)
振出し 【ふりだし】、振出 【ふりだし】、振り出 【ふりだし】
1. gesture; gesticulation; motion
身ぶり 【みぶり】、身振 【みぶり】
身振: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. strikeout; strike out; fanning outBaseball term
2. StrikeoutIn baseball or softball, a strikeout or strike-out (denot... Read more
1. amplitudePhysics terminology
2. AmplitudeAmplitude is the magnitude of change in the oscillating v... Read more
振幅 【ふりはば】、振り幅 【ふりはば】
1. behavior; behaviour; conduct
2. entertainment; treat; feast; banquet
振舞い 【ふるまい】、振るまい 【ふるまい】、振舞 【ふるまい】
1. to turn one's head; to look over one's shoulder; to turn around; to look back
2. to think back (on); to reminisce; to look back (on); to reflect (on)
振りかえる 【ふりかえる】、ふり返る 【ふりかえる】、振返る 【ふりかえる】
1. a long time (since the last time); first in a long time
1. to wield; to brandish; to flourish; to wave (about); to swing
2. to display (one's knowledge); to show off
3. to abuse (one's power)
4. to manipulate someone
振りまわす 【ふりまわす】、振回す 【ふりまわす】
1. striking (at something) and missing; swing and a miss; vain attempt
1. to make a payment via bank deposit transfer
2. to discard another player's winning tileMahjong term
1. to shake off; to shake free from
2. to swing completely (bat, club, etc.); to take a full swing
3. to break off from (pursuer); to pull away
- The prisoner broke away from the guards who were holding him.
4. to reject (request); to ignore
1. transfer; switching over; change
2. money transfer (usu. between accounts held by the same person)
3. postal transferAbbreviation, See also 郵便振替
振り替え 【ふりかえ】、振替え 【ふりかえ】、振り替 【ふりかえ】