1. to wave; to shake; to swing
- ふ 。
- I shook my head a few times.
2. to sprinkle; to throw (dice)
3. to cast (actor); to allocate (work)
4. to turn down (somebody); to reject; to jilt; to dump
- You were about to dump her flat out, weren't you?
5. to abandon; to give up; to ruin
6. to add kana indicating a reading of a wordSee also 振り仮名
7. to slightly change headings; to change directions
8. to extract by broiling; to prepare an infusion of; to decoct
9. to carry with great vigor (e.g. a portable shrine)
10. to bring up a topic; to lead to a topic
11. to replace; to substitute
12. to set up a joke for somebody else
Log in to talk about this word.