Words — 359 found
1. cute; adorable; charming; lovely; prettyUsually written using kana alone
- ひとり 、
- わがこ 。
- There's only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
2. dear; precious; darling; petUsually written using kana alone
- My children are very precious to me.
3. innocent; childlike; childish; lovableUsually written using kana alone
4. dainty; little; tinyUsually written using kana alone
5. KawaiiKawaii (literally, "lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is t... Read more
可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. beautiful; pretty; lovely; sweet; pure (heart, friendship, etc.)
1. love; love-making; passion; emotion; affections
2. Falling in loveIn romantic relationships, "falling in love" is mainly a ... Read more
1. sad; miserable; unhappy; sorrowfulof a person
2. sad; lamentable; deplorable; grievousof a thing, incident, etc.
哀しい 【かなしい】、愛しい 【かなしい】
哀しい: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 愛しい: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. love; affection
1. poor; pitiable; pathetic; pitifulUsually written using kana alone
可哀相 【かわいそう】、可哀そう 【かわいそう】、可愛そう 【かわいそう】
可哀想: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可哀相: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可哀そう: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to love; to cherish; to be affectionate to; to treat tenderly; to dote on
2. to show favouritism to; to be partial to
3. to fondle; to caress; to pet
4. to be tough on; to be rough with; to torment; to train harshlyColloquialism, used ironically; often as 可愛がってやる
1. to be frugal; to be sparing
- べんきょう 。
- He studied hard, hardly taking time out for lunch.
2. to value; to hold dear
3. to regret (e.g. a loss); to feel sorry (for)
- We cannot grieve over his death too deeply.
4. to be unwilling; to be reluctant
吝しむ 【おしむ】、愛しむ 【おしむ】
吝しむ: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 愛しむ: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. sadness; sorrow; grief
2. affection; loveArchaism, Only applies to 愛しみ
3. SadnessSadness is emotional pain associated with, or characteriz... Read more
哀しみ 【かなしみ】、愛しみ 【かなしみ】
1. pet name; nickname; name used to indicate affection, intimacy, informality, etc.
2. Nickname"a usually familiar or humorous but sometimes pointed or ... Read more
JLPT N2 Links
1. special; auspicious; happyUsually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, See also めでたい
- This is a really good thing, but one comment keeps bothering me.
2. naive; innocent; good-natured; gullible; foolishSee also めでたい
- You must be very naive to be taken in by such a story.
御目出度い 【おめでたい】、お芽出度い 【おめでたい】、御芽出度い 【おめでたい】、お愛でたい 【おめでたい】、御愛でたい 【おめでたい】
お目出度い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 御目出度い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. お芽出度い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 御芽出度い: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. love of one's country; patriotism
2. IrelandObscure term, See also アイルランド
1. attachment (esp. to things); love; affection