Words — 241 found
1. regrettable; unfortunate; disappointing; vexing
2. Regret (emotion)Regret is a negative conscious and emotional reaction to ... Read more
1. idea; notion; concept; conception
- The idea of happiness is extremely abstract.
2. sense (e.g. of duty)
- な 。
- She has no sense of duty.
3. resignation (to one's fate); acceptance; preparedness
- I gave up all hope of survival.
4. observation and contemplation; meditationBuddhism
5. IdeaAn idea is a concept or mental impression. Very often, id... Read more
1. to think; to consider; to believe; to reckon想う has connotations of heart-felt
2. to think (of doing); to plan (to do)
3. to judge; to assess; to regard
4. to imagine; to suppose; to dream
- We are never as happy or as unhappy as we imagine.
5. to expect; to look forward to
6. to feel; to be (in a state of mind); to desire; to want
7. to recall; to remember
想う 【おもう】、念う 【おもう】、憶う 【おもう】、懐う 【おもう】、惟う 【おもう】
1. general idea; concept; notion
2. ConceptThe word concept is defined variously by different source... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. commemoration; celebration; remembrance; memory; honoring the memory of
- Today's ceremony marks the 100th anniversary of our school.
2. memento; souvenir; keepsake
- This will be a good souvenir of my trip around the United States.
紀念: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. sense; idea; thought; feelingesp. 〜の念
2. desire; concern
3. attention; careesp. 念に〜、念の／が〜
1. belief; faith; conviction
2. BeliefBelief is the psychological state in which an individual ... Read more
1. doubt; suspicion; misgivings; scruples
2. DoubtDoubt, a status between belief and disbelief, involves un... Read more
1. memorial day; commemoration day; anniversary
2. AnniversaryAn anniversary is a day that commemorates or celebrates a... Read more
2. imagination; mind; heart
3. desire; wish; hope; expectation
4. love; affectione.g. Ａ思いのＢ for 'B who loves A'
5. feelings; emotion; sentiment; experience
想い 【おもい】、念い 【おもい】
1. commemorative plaque (usu. on a stone); stone monument (bearing an inscription)
1. painstaking; careful; meticulous; scrupulous; detailed; elaborate
1. (Platonic) ideal (of how things ought to be, e.g. human rights); foundational principle; idea; conception (e.g. of the university); doctrine; ideology
1. one's heart's desire; one's dearest wish
1. absorption; giving undivided attention; devoting oneself (to)