Words — 233 found
2. alcohol with liquor added (esp. wine-based shōchū highball, also beer with whiskey)Usually written using kana alone
3. BombA bomb is any of a range (short or long distance) of expl... Read more
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. to spring; to bound; to bounce
- とびこ 。
- The ball bounced over the wall.
2. to be stimulated; to be encouraged; to get lively
- はず 。
- His heart bounded with expectation.
3. to pay handsomely; to splurge; to part eagerly with (money, etc.)
4. to breathe hard; to pant; to be out of breathSee also 息が弾む いきがはずむ
1. bullet; shot; shell
2. BulletA bullet is a projectile propelled by a firearm, sling, o... Read more
Common word Links
1. oppression; suppression; pressure
2. OppressionOppression is the exercise of authority or power in a bur... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. springUsually written using kana alone
- ささえ 。
- That one spring carries the whole weight of the car.
2. spring (in one's legs); bounceUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to ばね, Only applies to バネ
3. springboard; impetusUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to ばね, Only applies to バネ
弾機 【ばね】、撥条 【ばね】、発条 【ぜんまい】、発条 【はつじょう】、撥条 【ぜんまい】、撥条 【はつじょう】、弾機 【だんき】、バネ
ばね: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). ばね: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). ばね: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
Common word Links
1. bounce; spring; rebound
2. momentum; impetus; impulse; stimulus; inertiaUsually written using kana alone
- The cheap dollar is charging up exports.
3. moment; instant; impulse; chanceUsually written using kana alone
- I don't know what motivated me to come here.
1. to flip; to snap; to flickUsually written using kana alone
- He flicked me in the face.
2. to repelUsually written using kana alone
- The raincoat sheds water perfectly.
3. to use (an abacus); to calculateUsually written using kana alone
4. to strum; to pluck the strings (of a guitar, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
1. time bomb
2. Time bombA time bomb (or timebomb, time-bomb) is a bomb whose deto... Read more
1. elasticity; resilience; flexibility; adaptability
2. Elasticity (economics)In economics, elasticity is the measurement of how changi... Read more
1. unexploded ordnance; unexploded shell; unexploded bomb; UXO
2. Unexploded ordnanceUnexploded ordnance (or UXOs/UXBs, sometimes acronymized ... Read more
1. hand grenade; grenade
2. Hand grenadeA hand grenade is any small bomb that can be thrown by ha... Read more
手榴弾 【てりゅうだん】、手りゅう弾 【しゅりゅうだん】、手りゅう弾 【てりゅうだん】
1. gunshot; bullet
2. lost messenger; truant messenger; non-returner
3. bull's-eye (candy)