Words — 638 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. quotation; citation; reference
2. QuotationA quotation or quote is the repetition of one expression ... Read more
1. to pull; to tug; to lead (e.g. a horse)
- ひ 。
- The curtains were drawn slowly.
3. to draw back (e.g. one's hand); to draw in (one's chin, stomach, etc.); to pull in
- Obviously a normal woman would lose interest if she saw a book like that!
4. to draw (a card, mahjong tile, etc.)
- The card you drew was a red, wasn't it?
5. to draw (a line, plan, etc.)See also 図面を引く
- Draw a line from A to B.
6. to catch (a cold)See also 風邪を引く
- I had a bad cold, and to make matters worse, it began snowing.
7. to play (a stringed or keyboard instrument)See also 弾く ひく
- John can't play the guitar.
8. to look up (in a dictionary, phone book, etc.); to consult; to checkSee also 辞書を引く
- Look up the word in your dictionary.
9. to haul; to pull (vehicles)esp. 牽く
- み 。
- I saw a horse pulling a cart.
10. to subtract; to deduct
- のこ 。
- Two from ten leaves eight.
11. to recede; to ebb; to fade
- How many days will it take until the swelling goes down?
12. to be descend from; to inherit (a characteristic)
- ひ 。
- The writer was descended from the Greek royal family.
13. to quote; to cite; to raise (as evidence)
- Insofar as possible, our examples will be drawn from English.
14. to lay on (electricity, gas, etc.); to install (e.g. a telephone); to supply (e.g. water)
- ひ 。
- A submarine cable was laid between the two countries.
15. to hold (e.g. a note)
16. to apply (e.g. lipstick); to oil (e.g. a pan); to wax (e.g. a floor)
17. to move back; to draw back; to recedeSee also 退く ひく
18. to lessen; to subside; to ebbSee also 退く ひく
19. to resign; to retire; to quitSee also 退く ひく
曳く 【ひく】、牽く 【ひく】
1. draw (in competition); tie game
2. Tie (draw)To tie or draw is to finish a competition with identical ... Read more
1. index (in a book)
2. Index (publishing)An index is a list of words or phrases ('headings') and a... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. transactions; dealings; business
2. TradeTrade is the transfer of ownership of goods and services ... Read more
取り引き 【とりひき】、取引き 【とりひき】
1. to move (house); to change residence
引っこす 【ひっこす】、引越す 【ひきこす】、引き越す 【ひきこす】
引越す: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
- The clean towels are in the drawer.
2. withdrawal (of money from an account)not 抽斗,抽匣
3. variety of knowledge and experience useful for handling things impromptunot 抽斗,抽匣
引出し 【ひきだし】、抽き出し 【ひきだし】、抽出し 【ひきだし】、抽斗 【ひきだし】、抽匣 【ひきだし】
抽斗: Out-dated kanji.
1. to pull out; to take out; to draw out; to withdraw
引出す 【ひきだす】、引きだす 【ひきだす】
1. to pull; to draw; to pull tight
- の 。
- This material stretches easily.
2. to string (lines); to run (cable); to stretch
3. to pull towards oneself (e.g. someone's sleeve)
4. to drag; to haul; to tow
5. to lead (e.g. one's followers)
6. to take someone somewhere (e.g. a suspect to the police)
7. to tempt into joining; to strongly invite to join
8. to delay; to prolong
9. to lengthen the pronunciation (of a word)
10. to quote; to cite; to reference
11. to pull the ballBaseball term
12. to wear; to put on
引っぱる 【ひっぱる】、引張る 【ひっぱる】
1. moving (dwelling, office, etc.); changing residence
引越 【ひっこし】、引越し 【ひっこし】
引越: Irregular okurigana usage. 引越し: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. discount; reduction; rebate
2. tenths discounted; tenths reduced
割引き 【わりびき】、割り引き 【わりびき】、割り引 【わりびき】
割り引: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to take on; to undertake; to accept; to take charge of; to assume responsibility for
2. to take over; to inherit
3. to guarantee; to vouch for
4. to contract (a disease)
引受ける 【ひきうける】、引きうける 【ひきうける】、引受る 【ひきうける】
引受る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be caught in; to be stuck in
2. to stop by; to drop in for a short visit; to be delayed; to take time
3. to get mixed up in (trouble); to get entangled in (a problem); to be involved with
4. to fall for (a trick); to be deceived; to be cheated
5. to be on one's mind; to worry one; to be bothered by; to feel uneasy
6. to be obstructed; to be hindered
7. to splash
引っ掛かる 【ひっかかる】、引っ掛る 【ひっかかる】
1. to turn back; to go back; to come back; to return; to retrace one's steps
引返す 【ひきかえす】、引きかえす 【ひきかえす】
1. attraction (e.g. magnetic, gravitation); affinity; gravitational pull
- Newton established the law of gravity.
2. attractiveness; magnetism
1. to detain; to check; to restrain
引止める 【ひきとめる】、引き留める 【ひきとめる】
引止める: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to draw back; to sink; to cave in
2. to be set back (e.g. from a road)
3. to withdraw (e.g. from the public eye); to retire to (somewhere); to stay indoors; to butt out; to stay out of it
1. to be prolonged; to drag on