Words — 1212 found
1. country; state
- おさ 。
- The king governed the country.
- ほっかいどう 富良野
- "From the North Country" is a TV drama produced by Fuji TV and set in Furano in Hokkaido.
3. national government; central government
4. home (i.e. hometown, home country)
- The scientist is famous both at home and abroad.
5. province (of Japan)Archaism, See also 国郡里制
6. land; earthArchaism
邦 【くに】、國 【くに】
國: Out-dated kanji.
1. foreign country
そとぐに: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. paradise; heaven; Kingdom of Heaven
2. HeavenHeaven, the Heavens or Seven Heavens, is a common religio... Read more
3. EmpireThe term empire derives from the Latin imperium (power, a... Read more
1. motherland; fatherland; native country
2. FatherlandFatherland is the nation of one's "fathers", "forefathers... Read more
1. advanced (developed) country; advanced nations
2. Developed countryA developed country or "more developed country" (MDC), is... Read more
1. large country; major nation; great power
2. province of the highest rank (ritsuryo system)
3. Power in international relationsPower in International Relations is defined in several di... Read more
1. island countrysometimes used as a metaphor for Japan
2. Island countryAn island country is a state whose primary territory cons... Read more
1. Shikoku (smallest of the four main islands of Japan)
2. ShikokuShikoku is the smallest (225 km or 139.8 mi long and betw... Read more
1. developing country; emerging nation
2. Developing countryA developing country, also known as a less-developed coun... Read more
1. ChinaOnly applies to ちゅうごく, See also 中華人民共和国
- よ 。
- The black and white bears living in the mountains of China and Tibet are called pandas.
2. Chūgoku region of western Honshu (incl. Okayama, Hiroshima, Shimane, Tottori and Yamaguchi prefectures)Abbreviation, Only applies to ちゅうごく, See also 中国地方
3. central part of a country; main regionOnly applies to ちゅうごく
4. province of the second lowest rank (ritsuryo system)
1. (United States of) America; USA; USSee also アメリカ
1. United Kingdom; Britain; Great BritainSee also イギリス
英國: Out-dated kanji.
1. our country; our land; one's own country
我国 【わがくに】、わが国 【わがくに】