Words — 98 found
1. to take (seat, position, course, office, etc.); to assume; to be hired; to be employedOnly applies to 就く, See also 付く つく
- I was able to get a job through the good offices of my friend.
2. to ascend (the throne); to accede
- ねん 、ジェームズ
- In 1603, when King James I came into power, football was allowed again.
3. to start (on a journey); to commence; to departOnly applies to 就く
- We set out for home.
4. to study (under teacher); to be an apprenticeOnly applies to 就く
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. that is; namely; i.e.Usually written using kana alone
則ち 【すなわち】、乃ち 【すなわち】、輒 【すなわち】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. to conform to; to agree with; to be adapted to; to be based on
2. improvised; impromptu; extempore; ad-lib; off-the-cuff
3. ImprovisationImprovisation is the practice of acting, singing, talking... Read more
1. accession to the throne; enthronement
2. EnthronementAn enthronement is a ceremony of inauguration, involving ... Read more
1. extempore; impromptu; improvised; ad-lib; off-the-cuff; instant
1. immediate; right there on the spot; impromptu; instant; instantaneous
1. critical (touch and go) situation; explosive situationYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. prompt decision; quick decision
- じつ 、
- Truthfully, if I'd said I didn't have any regrets over my snap decision I'd have been lying.
2. immediate judgement; summary judgment; summary judgementOnly applies to 即決
1. compliance; conformance; adaptation
2. (immediate) response; (rapid) reaction
1. to install (a king, emperor, etc.)
2. to appoint (to a post); to promoteOnly applies to 就ける
- I should be glad if you got the job.
3. to assign (to study under)Only applies to 就ける