Words — 22 found
1. beginning; outset; first; onset
1. beginning; start; outset
- The meeting was held as intended at the outset.
2. at first; at the beginning; initially; originally
- At first only a few people protested, but now they're all coming out of the woodwork.
1. first (of its kind) in Japan
- She will be the first Japanese woman astronaut.
1. first calligraphy of the year
2. KakizomeKakizome (書き初め, literally "first writing") is a Japanese ... Read more
書初め 【かきぞめ】、書初 【かきぞめ】
1. innocent; naive; unsophisticated; inexperienced; green; wet behind the earsUsually written using kana alone, esp. 初, 初心
2. birth-産, 生
初心 【うぶ】、産 【うぶ】、生 【うぶ】
1. temporary; transientUsually written using kana alone, gikun for 苟且
2. trifling; slight; negligentUsually written using kana alone
仮初 【かりそめ】、苟且 【かりそめ】
仮初: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. first doing of ... (ever, in one's life, in the new year, etc.)after the -masu stem of a verb
1. (for the) first timePolite (teineigo), as お初に
2. something used (worn, etc.) for the first time; new item
3. first of the season (crop, fruit, etc.)