Words — 65 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. motionlessly (e.g. stand, wait); (be) stillOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone, じーっと is more emphatic. 凝乎と is rare.
- うご 、
- ま ）
- These special characteristics explain its preference for still-hunting (lying motionless beside a seal's breathing hole, waiting for one to surface).
2. fixedly (e.g. gaze, stare); intently (e.g. listen, think)Usually written using kana alone
- It's impolite to stare at people.
3. patiently (endure); stoicallyUsually written using kana alone
- Tell me. I'm all ears.
4. firmly (e.g. hold); restrainedUsually written using kana alone
- We ate with chopsticks in restrained silence.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. concreteUsually written using kana alone
2. ConcreteConcrete is a composite construction material composed pr... Read more
混凝土: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. stiff neck; stiff shoulders
2. Stiff neckStiff neck refers to an instance when one experiences dis... Read more
1. to stare at; to gaze at; to look hard at; to watch intently; to fix one's eyes on
見詰める 【みつめる】、凝める 【みつめる】
凝める: Out-dated kanji.
1. to have stiff shoulders
- My shoulders feel stiff.
2. to feel ill at ease; to feel uncomfortable; to feel tenseIdiomatic expression
3. serious; sober
- She was not in the mood for serious books.
1. coagulation; freezing; solidification
2. FreezingFreezing or solidification is a phase change in which a l... Read more
1. to become stiff (of muscles)
2. to get absorbed in; to develop a passion for; to devote oneself to; to become obsessed with; to get hooked on
- What are you into these days?
3. to be elaborate; to be intricate; to be exquisite; to be particular about; to pay great attention to
- こ 。
- She is particular about her dress.
1. muscle stiffness (esp. in shoulders)
- I have a lump in my breast.
2. lump (in tissue, esp. breast); swelling; hardening; lesionMedicine, etc. term, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to しこり
3. lingering discomfort; uneasiness; bad aftertaste; unpleasant feelingUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to しこり
凝 【しこり】、痼り 【しこり】、凝り 【こり】、凝 【こり】
1. condensation (of ideas, emotions, etc.)
2. condensation (of a vapour or gas)Physics terminology
1. agglomeration; clumping together
2. cohesion (of ions, etc.)Physics terminology
3. flocculation (of colloidal particles)Chemistry term
4. agglutinationBiology term
1. fastidiousness; enthusiasm for one thing; meticulousness; monomania; obsession
2. susceptibility for a stiffening of the shoulders
1. agglutination reaction
2. Agglutination (biology)Agglutination is the clumping of particles. The word aggl... Read more
2. TuffTuff (from the Italian tufo) is a type of rock consisting... Read more
1. to freeze; to congeal
2. to concentrate one's attention on; to devote oneself to something; to ponder; to meditate
1. to coagulate; to curdle; to clot
2. to be fanatical; to be obsessed with; to be bigoted
3. to stiffen; to become stiff